Beware Benidorm (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
As you say,Bit of a dilemma , but what we tend to do is leave things like jewelry ,passports & some cash in the camper & carry a small amount of money on us for the days outing . Less likely to have the van broken into.

We aint got any jewellery ,,,a cheap Casio watch and the better half wears £3 earings,,,Cash and cards next to the skin,,,BUSBY,,,

Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
We did several years touring Europe (3 weeks at a time ) on m/bike Always kept cash etc out of sight (in zipper pockets/moneybelts under clothing).Not on view -no attraction.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I have to admit.... :cautious: I was robbed last time I was there back in August...... !!!!
and for a sizeable sum of cash... :Eeek:

Bloody tax office caught up with me and 4 years backdated Council tax.. :doh:
Nobody told me..:whistle2: Turns out they were sending my bills to the wrong address but found me in the end... :crying::crying:

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We aint got any jewellery ,,,a cheap Casio watch and the better half wears £3 earings,,,Cash and cards next to the skin,,,BUSBY,,,
Make you right, It's about using common sense & keeping your wits about you. I Almost had my wallet picked in torreveja 2 ýears ago so lesson learnt.This will be our first trip ever to be beni & we are really looking forward to it,dispite any little shites who might want to try their luck.:D

OP
OP
Neckender

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
We did several years touring Europe (3 weeks at a time ) on m/bike Always kept cash etc out of sight (in zipper pockets/moneybelts under clothing).Not on view -no attraction.
Same here toured Europe on motorbike with tent for years and nothing ever stolen.

John.

Sep 30, 2008
Funster No
Two years ago my purse was taken from my bag while I was shopping for vegetables at the market in Benidorm. I have to admit I am still a little bemused by the incident. In fact I feel a touch of admiration for the three old ladies working as team who manoeuvred me into a corner when my hands were full of green beans.
It was very hot and I felt suffocated. If it had been young people I would have pushed past them, little old ladies that came up to my shoulder, well! we are bought up to respect our elders aren't we. I was sixty , they looked my mommies age. (Never grow up do we).
The ladies kissed each other on the cheek and eventually moved. I staggered a few footsteps looked at my bag, (cross body bag, two zips to get to my purse). Enlightenment! they were very good and disappeared into the crowd very quickly.
I actually never put cash into my purse , had to get Malcolm to phone and put stop on cards, didn't actually lose anything but gained a fear of old ladies with shopping trolleys . That bit's a joke . Be aware.
I love Benidorm, I call it my second Home Town.
Birmingham by the sea.
Anne

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Make you right, It's about using common sense & keeping your wits about you. I Almost had my wallet picked in torreveja 2 ýears ago so lesson learnt.This will be our first trip ever to be beni & we are really looking forward to it,dispite any little shites who might want to try their luck.:D
Great destination,,,hope you enjoy it,,,BUSBY.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back