LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Yeah, trouble is, a lot of the guys think it's ok to rape the women in the camp. And they will eventually get here and bring this attitude towards women with them!
those working to help the migrants in the jungle have said that rape and sexual assaults happen there daily and much of it goes unreported to the police for fear of reprisals

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009

fleurides

Free Member
Jul 9, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Pilote D730
Exp
Less than 1 year
[I think if Marine le Pen wins Pas de Calais you'll see changes![/QUOTE]
Luckily the voting public had the good sense to put their cross elsewhere

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Tried to create a new thread but it isn't showing cite europe has a new garage same prices as achen but also has a new bourne its straight on from the hotels on the right

Joe

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Tried to create a new thread but it isn't showing cite europe has a new garage same prices as achen but also has a new bourne its straight on from the hotels on the right

Joe
Can you show where this is this on Google maps ! I assume the fuel station is accessible for motorhomes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Can you show where this is this on Google maps ! I assume the fuel station is accessible for motorhomes.
It's fairly well signposted around Citi Europe. Turn right out of the motorhome park, down to the next roundabout - then pick up the signs
However, neither myself or another customer could get the damn pumps to work. Got as far as getting the card authorised, then nothing / nowt / nada

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
It's fairly well signposted around Citi Europe. Turn right out of the motorhome park, down to the next roundabout - then pick up the signs
However, neither myself or another customer could get the damn pumps to work. Got as far as getting the card authorised, then nothing / nowt / nada
It is now commonplace for UK debit and credit cards to be rejected at French unmanned fuel stations. Same card will be accepted when manned though.

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
It is now commonplace for UK debit and credit cards to be rejected at French unmanned fuel stations. Same card will be accepted when manned though.
I find that they are less likely to be rejected now than they were 4/5 years ago particularly at supermarket 24/7s. Some now even take currency cards like caxtonfx. As to manned cash desks I have never in more than 10 years had a UK card refused in France. Germany yes.

Dick

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I find that they are less likely to be rejected now than they were 4/5 years ago particularly at supermarket 24/7s. Some now even take currency cards like caxtonfx. As to manned cash desks I have never in more than 10 years had a UK card refused in France. Germany yes.

Dick
I had only one scary moment this year, tried to fill up when the tank was on fumes in Italy on a Sunday. Put in the fair fx card, rejected even though loads of credit, stuck in my debit card (nationwide) rejected even though huge balance. Finally put in credit card (also nationwide) accepted! sigh of relief, and the van took a €100 gulp of much needed go go juice. Phoned Nationwide the next day, turns out they'd sent me a replacement card (that I hadn't ordered) whilst I was on holiday, and cancelled the one in my pocket! My wife's card was still perfectly valid (joint account), but I told her there was a problem with the account, no more spending on that card!
I am so glad she doesn't read this forum :D

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp

Only ever had a visa debit card refused once and the same unmanned petrol station accepted my mastercsrd. That was four years ago and never had a refusal since in sixteen months of travel in France and Germany using unmanned 24/7 stations. Perhaps you've been unlucky

MJG1959

Free Member
Feb 14, 2015
Cleveland UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
I had only one scary moment this year, tried to fill up when the tank was on fumes in Italy on a Sunday. Put in the fair fx card, rejected even though loads of credit, stuck in my debit card (nationwide) rejected even though huge balance. Finally put in credit card (also nationwide) accepted! sigh of relief, and the van took a €100 gulp of much needed go go juice. Phoned Nationwide the next day, turns out they'd sent me a replacement card (that I hadn't ordered) whilst I was on holiday, and cancelled the one in my pocket! My wife's card was still perfectly valid (joint account), but I told her there was a problem with the account, no more spending on that card!
I am so glad she doesn't read this forum :D

Funny enough I am a Nationwide customer and with my last debit card I could never get it to work at 'pay at pump' fuel outlets on the autoroutes. I always had to go inside to pay where it worked fine.

When I rang them when I got home they could offer me no explanation as to why this should be. Just an apology for the inconvenience.

My current debit card with them works fine.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Looking at the air pictures of the camp. It should not take more that an hour to clear? Start at one end at 3am and by 4am they should all be in the net, and ready to be boarded!

Next stop a North African Beach, where the sun shines and it`s not so cold!.

Bye Bye!

Pete

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We have been using Halifax clarity card for last 2 years with no problems in france spain portugal morocco and phillipines , use it coming down for road tolls and unmanned fuel stations ,

calais ,... we drove straight through from ferry to carrefoure for fuel , pidou for beer and out onto the A16 no migrants but plenty of police .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back