Between a rock and a hard placeica

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Steve W, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Steve W

Steve W Read Only Funster

Hi, as yet we still have not bought our first motorhome, looked at what seems like hundreds,
    I,m due to retire February 2016, and hopefully will be able to take delivery of a new motorhome, big question is which one, most of the time there will be just my wife and me, but at the weekend there will be my daughter her hubby and 2 grandchildren aged 4 & 7, and I would like us to all travel together,
    So, it must have 6 travel seats, min 4 berth, want to use awning or small tent
    To sleep 2 adults, we like the idea of a "U" shape lounge, we have narrowed it down to either a Bessicar 496 or a Bailey Approach 765, has anyone got any thoughts good or bad to help us decide
    Thanks in advance
    Steve

2. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

That's an awful lot of people sharing a fairly small space, it wouldn't do for me :)

I love both my girls but one trip could spoil that :D

As for 6 belted seats, that does come on here every now and again, you will have very limited choice

You maybe should consider yourselves mainly, then talk your daughter into buying their own (y), they may be restricted on size of MH they can drive, so too big and they will not be able to borrow it (but maybe you had not planned that anyway)

Best of luck with the search

3. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Yes indeed, it might happen once, highly unlikely to happen twice.

6 seat belts also means a very good chance over weight when they are full.

4. ianandkath

ianandkath Funster

buy a rv, plenty of space,
    sorry but it was't me, it was the voices in my head

5. dbnosey

dbnosey Funster

Autotrail Apache 700 or Autotrail Scout. That's "IF" they have improved their build quality. From experience their quality control is "S**T" on new builds. My very good friend and I have been to the factory several times over the years, and spoke to the MD about this.
    Also my supplying dealer has also expressed their concerns over units that should have never left the factory having repetitive faults.
    Colin

6. stevec

stevec Funster

How often is that likely to happen? Just the odd weekend? How about when the novelty has worn off? Have them accompany you in a car and take a tent maybe.

7. peterc10

peterc10 Funster

As other have said the real problem will be getting 6 properly belted (not just lap) seats. I think if you do find one that does what you want you will regret it after a while, because it will compromise your comfort and enjoyment of your solo trips.

8. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

Your biggest problem with that amount of people is going to be finding one with a big enough payload, you will need a 4250kg chassis as an absolute minimum, preferably a 5000kg one with plenty of payload, over 5000kg you will need to look at vans with Merc or Iveco chassis.