Better water pump ? What is available ?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Jaws, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

A day spent in the dark depths up and under the various bit of plastic that form our shower unit has now resulted in hot water coming up to the shower head as it should be ..
    Some twonk had put a feedback loop on the system .. WAY too hard to explain it but after a year plus of fiddling about she is all perfik now !

However...........................................................

Now we have a proper system that actually works and is even temperature controllable, a new problem has reared its head.
    The water pump is plenty good enough for normal sink use ( if you see what I mean ) but as for a shower ! Not enough pressure to get it to actually spray.. it more sort of falls out of all the holes ! :BigGrin:

The system uses microswitches on the taps, but I could always add a relay in to feed a higher amperage pump if need be
    The pump is one that is fitted into the tank as usual but is now 20 years old so proly past its sell by date ..

What sort of pump would you folks recomend ?

2. pieterv

pieterv Read Only Funster

If you want something powerful, I can recommmend Reich Twin pump, 19 l/min, 1.5 bar.

There is one on Ebay Item number: 200325327880.

This is what is fitted to Hymers. They don't have eternal life, as I had to replace mine, but they do give a nice strong flow.

Pieter

3. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Cheers Pieter.. As you say they are not the longest lived jobbies but they do do the job..
    I wil lproly settle for a 7L shureflo from Peter's emporium once I have another wee problem sorted out ! ( my central heating Truma unit went kesplat at Newark and I am gonna have to replace that first :Smile: )

4. Douglas

Douglas Read Only Funster

I don't know much about the kind of pumps that you will normally find in a caravan shop but if you want a solid piece of engineering look Jabsco Jabsco - ITT

They are not cheap and the will be a bit heavy on batteries but they are made to last. I have used them and worked on them for years.

Doug...

5. des

des Read Only Funster

i shared this problem when we had an autocruise a few years ago. eventually solved the problem by fitting a small in-line pump in (electrical) parallel with the one in the tank. transformed the shower, and relatively cheap.

des

6. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

Exactly how much is "not cheap" and who fits them in the UK ?:Eeek:

7. Douglas

Douglas Read Only Funster

Well did you check out the ULR I gave you? it will link you to a UK supplier and they will have the prices plus advice as to usage, as to who will fit them, I don't know, I do that kind of work for myself.

Of Course I could come and do the job for you for a consideration:Eeek:

Doug...

8. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

Yes I did , but it was all Greek to me !!!..that's why I asked, a ball park figure was all I needed. :Eeek: :Eeek: :Eeek:

9. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Jabsco are gold plated as regards price,I had them on my boat, think I bought a new one about five years ago and it was £120 THEN

Frankly the Fiamma pump is a straight replacement at a lot less cost and I am replacing the other Jabsco with a Fiamma (got two water pumps in my system)

They are available in both 12v and 24v versions.

Peter