Better late than never !! (1 Viewer)

Apr 10, 2012
Warks / Leics border
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
I actually joined the Fun about a year ago when I first started looking for a MH, but despite two questioning posts (helpfully answered by funsters), I never got around to the introductions.
My name is John and I have been married to Barbara for 36 years, we have 3 kids who have all now left the nest so we are rattling around on our own. I retired 2 years ago at 60, after 30 odd years as a Finance guy in the Power Station engineering business. Barbara is a nurse and retires next month, so then we will really be footloose and fancy free. After years and years of my hectic travelling for work (airport to hotel to office to airport, and seeing nothing of a country in between) we decided we wanted to travel and take our time to really get to know places (including the UK) at our own pace. The motorhome life seems to fit the bill and allows impulse holidaying freedom that nothing else can match. So having done all the research, including hiring for a week, and deciding what we wanted (fixed bed and garage) we ended up in July last year with a pre-owned AS Broadway which is completely different, with a rear lounge and no garage. But in our 3 trips so far it seems to suit us well. An extended trip to France later this year will be the tester.
Smiley window stickies have been ordered from Jim and we look forward to joining a "meet" soon and getting to know you all.
John.

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
Better late than never

welcome john. we have a meet in chester next weekend .you could pop along and start your fun and fantastic journeys then ,hope to see u there ,if not i will be very suprised if you dont enjoy the rest of your retirement in you motorhome.good luck in your new adventure either way ,. and nice to meet you.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to Fun, keep asking the questions as you start out on your trip to France, Re aires / ACSI card and camping cheque, or even France Passion, so much out there to help plan your adventure and keep the costs down. :welcomefunster: a bit about Chester on my signature.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Quite a few funsters in France in case you need a shelter , some help , or just a nice drink/meal and a good chat!!

Heyupluv can help a lot with aires, Bob and Di in Parc Verger (campsite)are central, if you want to discover the fine region of Limousin, StCyr can help in case you get linguo prob just like me if needed. And as I am more down south , you can have some rest and visiting as well at my place.

Welcome on Fun !

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

RogeTeri

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Abrantes, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
February 2013.
Hi John and Barbara. Your intro sounds very familiar having done much the same. My wife is Portuguese and we have a home there. I have 69 days 'till I retire and the motorhome is sitting outside ready for the off. Hope you have a great time

Roger and Teri

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back