Betsy's back with new bekts etc... (1 Viewer)

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
Well we just fetched Betsy back from CamperUK (where we bought her) and she's just had new cam belt kit etc and new auxliary belt. £350

They told me I wouldn't have to worry for another 7 years? (2.8JTD Fiat 02)

I would like to fit an LCD TV mount on the side of the wardrobe...any advice..it would be nice if it tilted and turned?

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
TV Mount for Bets'y wardrobe

How thick is the side panel of the wardrobe?

If around 12mm, I would reinforce it with 6 or 9mm pllywood, on the inside, as large as is reasonable. Glue and screw to wardrobe inner, using countersunk posi screws, at about 75mm centres. (check that these securing screws do not foul the TV mounting bracket screws.
Use a good quality adhesive, and sand the inner wardrobe panel to remove sealer/polish, for the best key. Also a goood job to finish this panel (polish etc) before installing.

This will provide a substancial base for your mount/tilt/swivel bracket, and the weight it will carry.

I did this to install our TV in the TV cabinet, after removing the slideout tray, so ours is stored, and swings out when required. The cabinet is part of the same wardrobe unit, and we have not suffered any bowing of the end panel under stress.

I hope this helps:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back