bestpartstore.co .uk moan

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by mick noe, Aug 17, 2015.

1. mick noe

mick noe Funster

ordered a throttle body for the ducato a few days ago and paid on line with my debit card ......money out of my account pronto. Received a phone call from them today (foreign lady English not all that good but could understand her) She said that it would be another 48 hours till they could confirm that they could supply and could she do a security check. Wanted me to send photocopy of my card and identification, copy of driving licence. I refused and said you have my money why do you need anything else.............anyway after about 20 minutes of argument I cancelled the order and she said it could by 14 days before the cash appears in my account! I have received a confirmation e mail of cancellation but cannot work out why they wanted this further info. This is a German company but appear to have an office in London................Any thoughts.... anybody dealt with them for vehicle spares?

2. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

They operate under a number of names and yes I have used them but not experienced anything like that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Techno

• Like Like x 1
  4. Techno

If what you described happened to me I would be most rude about it. Well done (y)

• Like Like x 1
  5. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

sounds way beyond dodgy to me and the generic website worries me too. probably only dropshippers who hold no stock themselves

• Like Like x 2
  6. Techno

All the stock does come from Germany and very well packaged. I have used them three times or their counterparts and I cannot fault the prices compared to being shafted here. Very strange experience @mick noe

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gorse Hill

Gorse Hill Funster

You did the right thing, proper dodgy
    Sounds snide to me

8. Techno

Thinking about it I personally would take this further and email them without reference to the order in particular and tell them what happened. It may be that they have a rogue employee or it is genuine but either way I would want a pretty comprehensive reply. I really can't see the questions asked as being legitimate.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mick noe

mick noe Funster

I have now ordered another from e-bay but £30 more:crying:hopefully fit it this weekend as off to France early september:france:Just hope they return my money . I wonder if it would have been better to have used paypal ,but even then waiting another 48 hours to see if they could supply part they advertise on their site would not have pleased me. Greased alco rear axle tonight , good checkover at the weekend and set to go:clap2::france:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Techno

• Like Like x 1
  11. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

I would also contact my card provider to inform them that there could be an issue from a fraudulent company. tell them what you put on here about the request to send photos of card etc

• Like Like x 1
  12. mick noe

mick noe Funster

yes I will do exactly that but will wait as I do not want to complicate matters while my money is still with them.
    could this be anthing to do with the fact that it was a debit card and different rules /procedures in Germany....who knows........but I will most certainly take your advice

13. Techno

Perhaps Mick
    Wherever paypal is an option I tend to use it as it is only a couple of clicks for me.
    If I buy directly from a european seller I use Caxton or Ukash pre paid euro card for a better rate than paypal charges

• Like Like x 1
  14. mick noe

mick noe Funster

15. Techno

Yes one of at least three names under the same umbrella.

EDIT I have noticed that after you register with one your details and login are recognised by the whole group

• Like Like x 1
  16. Peter A Forbes

Peter A Forbes Funster

+1 for PayPal, I've just bought some large fixed resistors from Hong Kong, payment very easy and no card information given out.

Peter

• Like Like x 2
  17. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Funster

I had a well respected UK online camera shop do this with me a few years ago, just another level of security so not necessarily dodgy, however I wasn't happy sending them these details as they wouldn't say what they would do with it to keep it secure, therefore I take my business elsewhere to a company happy to take my money.

• Like Like x 1
  18. EA7VPG

EA7VPG

One cannot be too careful. Here is Spain buying items on line does not afford the same protection as buying in UK according to the bank here with a Visa card. I bought a 2.7Kva silent generator in the August 2013 from a Spanish supplier in Barcelona on line. Five days later no email giving details of the courier or package tracking number. I then communicated with them only to be told they didn't have the 2.7Kva in stock and would I accept a 2Kva. No.... just give me a refund. Their response was the 2.7KvA were due in stock in November which I could wait for or wait thirty working days, yes thirty working days to get my refund. The argument being that when I ordered I accepted their terms and conditions even though they didn't have it in stock.
    Unlike UK where your Visa contract is with the bank and their ( the bank) have the contract with the supplier isn't the same here. Paying with a Spanish Visa card for protection is meaningless in Spain. Great business model though.... advertise on the internet with no stock, get the buyers money then repay in six weeks, and boy that took some doing.

• Like Like x 1