Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
ordered a throttle body for the ducato a few days ago and paid on line with my debit card ......money out of my account pronto. Received a phone call from them today (foreign lady English not all that good but could understand her) She said that it would be another 48 hours till they could confirm that they could supply and could she do a security check. Wanted me to send photocopy of my card and identification, copy of driving licence. I refused and said you have my money why do you need anything else.............anyway after about 20 minutes of argument I cancelled the order and she said it could by 14 days before the cash appears in my account! I have received a confirmation e mail of cancellation but cannot work out why they wanted this further info. This is a German company but appear to have an office in London................Any thoughts.... anybody dealt with them for vehicle spares?

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
They operate under a number of names and yes I have used them but not experienced anything like that.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I posted them in a topic somewhere but I didn't buy this I bought the Pierberg unit from buyapart I think but same group
Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
sounds way beyond dodgy to me and the generic website worries me too. probably only dropshippers who hold no stock themselves

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
All the stock does come from Germany and very well packaged. I have used them three times or their counterparts and I cannot fault the prices compared to being shafted here. Very strange experience @mick noe

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Thinking about it I personally would take this further and email them without reference to the order in particular and tell them what happened. It may be that they have a rogue employee or it is genuine but either way I would want a pretty comprehensive reply. I really can't see the questions asked as being legitimate.

OP
OP
mick noe

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
I have now ordered another from e-bay but £30 more:crying:hopefully fit it this weekend as off to France early september:france:Just hope they return my money . I wonder if it would have been better to have used paypal ,but even then waiting another 48 hours to see if they could supply part they advertise on their site would not have pleased me. Greased alco rear axle tonight , good checkover at the weekend and set to go:clap2::france:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I would also contact my card provider to inform them that there could be an issue from a fraudulent company. tell them what you put on here about the request to send photos of card etc

OP
OP
mick noe

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
Thinking about it I personally would take this further and email them without reference to the order in particular and tell them what happened. It may be that they have a rogue employee or it is genuine but either way I would want a pretty comprehensive reply. I really can't see the questions asked as being legitimate.

yes I will do exactly that but will wait as I do not want to complicate matters while my money is still with them.
could this be anthing to do with the fact that it was a debit card and different rules /procedures in Germany....who knows........but I will most certainly take your advice

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Perhaps Mick
Wherever paypal is an option I tend to use it as it is only a couple of clicks for me.
If I buy directly from a european seller I use Caxton or Ukash pre paid euro card for a better rate than paypal charges

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Yes one of at least three names under the same umbrella.

EDIT I have noticed that after you register with one your details and login are recognised by the whole group

Peter A Forbes

Free Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rushden, Northants, UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes 614D
Exp
10+
Perhaps Mick
Wherever paypal is an option I tend to use it as it is only a couple of clicks for me.
If I buy directly from a european seller I use Caxton or Ukash pre paid euro card for a better rate than paypal charges

+1 for PayPal, I've just bought some large fixed resistors from Hong Kong, payment very easy and no card information given out.

Peter

Jabberwocky

Free Member
Aug 14, 2015
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
MWB coach build
Exp
I'm a newbie
I had a well respected UK online camera shop do this with me a few years ago, just another level of security so not necessarily dodgy, however I wasn't happy sending them these details as they wouldn't say what they would do with it to keep it secure, therefore I take my business elsewhere to a company happy to take my money.

Jul 27, 2011
Kilmun, Dunoon
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sport TI
Exp
Since 2012
One cannot be too careful. Here is Spain buying items on line does not afford the same protection as buying in UK according to the bank here with a Visa card. I bought a 2.7Kva silent generator in the August 2013 from a Spanish supplier in Barcelona on line. Five days later no email giving details of the courier or package tracking number. I then communicated with them only to be told they didn't have the 2.7Kva in stock and would I accept a 2Kva. No.... just give me a refund. Their response was the 2.7KvA were due in stock in November which I could wait for or wait thirty working days, yes thirty working days to get my refund. The argument being that when I ordered I accepted their terms and conditions even though they didn't have it in stock.
Unlike UK where your Visa contract is with the bank and their ( the bank) have the contract with the supplier isn't the same here. Paying with a Spanish Visa card for protection is meaningless in Spain. Great business model though.... advertise on the internet with no stock, get the buyers money then repay in six weeks, and boy that took some doing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back