Best way to sell our van?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Chockswahay, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Chockswahay

Chockswahay Funster

So here's the thing.......

We are about to advertise the van for sale (but at the moment the cold weather is hampering my efforts to give the van a lovely wash and wax for some nice piccies)

I will try to sell on the forum first but don't want to put it up for sale until it's ready. Now then, I am wondering if it would be best to sell the van and all the extras separately or together.

I would prefer to sell it 'complete' with the Gaslows, SilverScreen, ramps etc .......... all ready for the new owner to have fantastic adventures in ......

If you were buying a 3 year old (well not quite yet) PVC, would you prefer separate? or complete and ready to go?

Just asking?? :rolleyes:

2. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

If it were me I'd want to do a deal for the extras saves the caddle and cost of shopping for them, especially as what you have must work as you've been using it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Chockswahay

Chockswahay Funster

I had wondered that........

We are only selling the van because we are moving on, the fact is that the van has been perfect for our needs and is indeed complete and 'ready to go'. It will have little interest to anyone who wants something 'bigger', but for someone who is looking for a PVC it will be a very sound purchase (yes, I would say that of course ;))

:)

4. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

For stuff of low value you could leave them with the PVC however for more expensive stuff like the Gaslow set-up I'd sell them separately as not everyone wants them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. CWH

CWH Funster Life Member

I'd certainly try the all-in-together first.
    Out of (not purely academic) interest - what van do you have? Would you be prepared to give a rough guide price?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Chockswahay

Chockswahay Funster

It is a 2013 Globecar Globescout that we have owned from new (April 2013).................. I have in mind £29750 to include everything.....

P1080864.jpg

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  7. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

as a rule of thumb, if its screwed to the van and will leave holes, its now part of the van. accessories you can sell separately and make a few extra quid. they generally add nothing to the value of the van. of course you could negotiate with the buyer of the van for an extra package of accessories as a sweetener

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Robert Clark

Robert Clark Funster Life Member

We sold our 1 year old Bessie with lots of extras - advertised it on EBAY and Autotrader.

Have you checked out 'sold' prices on EBay?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Milliemobile

Milliemobile Funster

I would sell as is, listing the extras so potential buyers can see what's extra and get info on how you have used the van off grid. If they don't want anything then say you will remove.
    Maybe even offer smaller extras as an add on so those with own kit can say yes or no, a beginner might take everything as it will have an allocated space.

Lin:)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. lorger

lorger Funster

When we sold our van we just left the extras on it and priced it accordingly much easier to sell something with extras than something with holes that had extras. If the prospective buyer starts to argue you down over price you could then say ok I'll give you it at that price without the following.

Just a note on the actual selling we advertised our van on all the usual sites and had the usual scammers as well as folk thinking we were desperate to sell. We had the van advertised at £38K and had some stupid offers over 4 weeks before a company called Motorhomeagent got in touch, they sold it for us and asked what our min was we said £38k they advertised it at £40K and sold within 7 days as they do finance and warranty so more of a package than a private sale.
    About 3 days after sale was agreed money arrived in our account £38K and owners picked up 2 weeks later. So we got our money they got theirs and they dealt with all the phone calls and emails so no hassle of nutters calling at all times.

• Useful Useful x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 4
  11. Wombles

Wombles Funster

If you plan on an all inclusive price then would definitely break down the extras & show how much they would cost to add today & put in any listing heading on ads (y) On here most would probably look further than just the asking price but if lots of choice on site like eBay then some might discount it according to overall price without opening listing to look at the detail. Saying that it is a Globecar & not many around secondhand so think anyone that knows that it is a quality brand will be looking at it regardless anyway.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. irnbru

irnbru Funster Life Member

I would probably sell the extras seperately. To add them onto the cost might just put the price out of some prospective buyers budget.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Kool Kroozer

Kool Kroozer Funster

Leave em on the van, if trying to sell seperatly at a later date you have to put up with all the crap of people who want the stuff but want it for nowt (me personally cant be doing with putting up with poeples crap - they either want it or they dont for the advertised price - end of) by leaving it all on the van it looks a little more attractive to a buyer.... we left more or less everything on our PVC when we sold it - like "the big 1" said if it leaves holes its part of the van

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Ambilkate

Ambilkate Funster Life Member

We sold ours through preloved we payed for the best membership so we could post as many pictures as we wanted. we had several people interested in coming to see the van but it sold to the first person who came and saw it. The more pictures you can put on the better. Good luck with your sale .
    Kate

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. The Wino

The Wino Funster

I'd go down the route of looking at the secondhand price of the extras and seeing if its worth taking them off or not (I bet the secondhand prices aren't that great). Its easy to remember what things cost but the amount you could get for them might make it better to include them to get a quick sale. Of course if ou have plans to get another van and buy the same things again its a different eqation then probably better to keep them as effectively ou are saving the new price!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Neckender

Neckender Funster

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. big bertha

big bertha Funster

That's a shame we have just bought a 2014 Campscout, looks the same, think you might be pricing a bit low.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

I think you should revisit the price ... you're underselling it for sure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

If some one offers your price sell with gaslow if not remove and sell separately...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Chockswahay

Chockswahay Funster

Thanks so far for the input guys (y) To be honest I want to be confident of selling at a fair price rather than optimistically hanging on for the 'best' price.

We have simply changed our plans and needs and a van no longer forms part of them. I know it sounds a bit 'soft' but we would really like the van to go to new owners who will appreciate it and love it the way we do (oh cringe :blusher:)

Once we have given Wolfy (sorry, it is a 'he' and he does have a name) a really good clean and polish I will put together an advert.

:)

• Like Like x 7