Best way to find somewhere decent to stay

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Orchid288, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Orchid288

Orchid288 Funster

Hi we are off to France in July for our first adventure with tunnel all booked ( as there is no way I could leave our dog on her own with a ferry crossing). With previous holidays ( not motor home) where we have just decided the evening before where our next destination was going to be we had always had a rule that the first night of our holiday would be booked in advance with a really nice place this meant that we would hit the ground running rather than taking a week to recover from a bad experience ( happened to us in Thailand once - never again) so we thought we would apply the same logic for this trip.

So my question is " where is the best place to find a campsite with lots of amenities" a lot of the sites that I have found show areas to park up that have no services and only maybe have 5 spots to park up ( which is fine but not for our first night).

I would appreciate any pointers

Thanks

2. Bluemooner

Bluemooner Funster Life Member

3. Orchid288

Orchid288 Funster

Thank you

4. gillnphil

gillnphil Funster

ACSI book. Euro travel at its best.
    Phil

5. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

Personal recommendations from other funsters....but for multiple replies you will need to subscribe and become a full member as you only get 5 posts free then you cant reply, only read posts.

Well worth the subs just for the fun and banter but there is a wealth of knowledge, both technical and general, on the website and its only the price of a bottle of wine and, of course, you dont have to wait for days or weeks on end for a reply or help.

6. bryandh

bryandh Funster

Downloaded this search site, to my tablet, a while ago and found it very handy for providing info regarding sites within (say) 20km of your current position. User friendly......... And free!

http://www.searchforsites.co.uk/webapp.php

Bryan

• Thanks Thanks x 1