Best tyre dressing ? (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Looking for a good tyre dressing that gives tyres that new look , not glossy, just a nice rubber look..
I've tried several including ArmorAll , which is very good , is there anything better ?

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
Hellmans :thumb::thumb::ROFLMAO:

oops thought you said best taste dressing :Doh:

well someone had to.::bigsmile:
auto smart used to do a good one cant remember what it was called though:cry:

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
'Back to black', normally at this time of year Halfords havé deals on.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I used to use tyre dressings on my classic cars, then read somwhere that its not a good idea becouse it draws the natural oils out of the rubber.
Sorry cant remember where I read it,but have not used them since.

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Tyre Slick, doe's what you want I have just ran out so if you can find it let me know please as my previous supplier has gone bust, auto smart isn't bad, but it is still a little glossy for my liking.

Rick

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Tyre Slick, doe's what you want I have just ran out so if you can find it let me know please as my previous supplier has gone bust, auto smart isn't bad, but it is still a little glossy for my liking.

Rick

Cheers Rick . will have Google .. :thumb:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I used to use tyre dressings on my classic cars, then read somwhere that its not a good idea becouse it draws the natural oils out of the rubber.
Sorry cant remember where I read it,but have not used them since.

Donkeys years ago you could buy stuff like liquid rubber .. I believe it conatined Benzine as a solvent .. probably banned now ..

I served my electrical apprenticeship at India Tyres .. they used tons of the stuff to smarten up scruffy tyres before sending out to retailers .. made them look like fresh out of the mould .

craiggs

Free Member
Feb 20, 2010
Funster No
silicone oil thats what the trade use as it puts back the oil that drys out the side wallstry that gt spray

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
I use a lot of Armorall products they are good, (I still think there products they sell in the USA are better than here) but their tyre dressing dosn't put any oils back into the tyre thats one of the reasons it washes off quickly, both the products I use do, but the worst thing for tyres apart from standing is daylight, and all the dressing in the world won't protcect from that.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Simoniz tyre dressing. It contains a sun block similar to what we humans use. Claims to stop rubber degrading in sun light, and dries matt - I don't like em shiny.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Lots of ideas and suggestions .. thanks, but no one has mentioned

Kiwi Black boot polish ... I've used that to great effect but it's tedious to apply and brush up

Anyone else tried it ?

W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
I know you said you didn't want gloss or shiney but i have to post this as i have used it for 2 years now and can not find anything any better easy to apply no drips, Streaks, or splatting up car or MH a awesome product read the reviews...

Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back