Free Member
Feb 16, 2013
Lampeter
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi, we have just bought a van - 2008 Tec - but it has no ariel fitted. We're trying to decide whether to go for a multidirectional Status ariel or a satellite dish, which we could use with our Sky box. The van has a TV with free view built in. Any recommendations welcome. Thanks

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
The multi directional are not very good in a weak signal area the directional ones are better in my opinion I think mine is a status 530

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Now the country is virtually all digital and if your staying in the UK I would go for the directional arial, it works on free view, if you get a dish you will need a freesat box to go with it.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Sat for us..
We re presently about as far south in Spain as you can go and still have the full sky package working fine ( welllll,,, small lie, the only channel we cannot get down here is channel five )

We have. 60 centimetre Oyster dish.. I did change the lnb to a better one ( a .12 dB unit ) . A five minute job that makes. Hellova difference to performance.

If you are nor intending travelling too far from the uk shores a dome will be fine.... If like us you intend wandering I would urge you to go for the 60 cm Oyster and lnb swap.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back