Best travel insurance

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Hayleylulu, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

Mrs yosser here,attempting to organise insurance for our trip to France shortly. I have had 2 quotes so far and they are asking at least 200 smackaroos just for the old fella after taking into account his medical conditions. Tempted to leave him behind or take him and if the worst should happen just leave him there to assist the French in their medical research-----god help eh. Can anyone help, has anyone had same problem.

2. runrig

runrig Funster Life Member

Hi Mrs Yosser,

Have you tried Essential Travel, we have used them for a few years and have found quotes very good, they do cover current medical problems and up to 85 years old, not that im saying Yosser is that old. Dont know how long you are planning to be away but we have used them for 3 weeks or so.

3. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

4. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi
    We use red pennant at CC £ 260 for medical and van, I also have props. Pete

5. motorhomelover

motorhomelover

a lot of the time the insurance is not worth the premium!

how ill has he been in the previous three months?
    if he was to take ill are you able to drive the MH?
    how long are you going away for?

if you way up the risks and what it would take to return home it may not be worth the payment.

i went to Australia for 3 months insurance was over £500
    i went took care on what i did and eat had not problems and returned with enough booolar to go to Rutland that turned in to Stratford with change :Rofl1::Rofl1:

insurance has to be a calculated risk do you really need it? if it it for piece of mind then pay it what ever it costs :thumb:

• Like Like x 2
  6. alan

alan Funster

Insurance

Hi Mrs Yosser
    Have you thought of doing a part exchange and getting a later model? I,m sure it'l work out cheaper in the long term:thumb::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 2
  7. UncleNorm

UncleNorm Read Only Funster

Fortunately, I think differently. I like peace of mind and prefer to fill in holes BEFORE I fall into them!! :Doh: That's why I took out Red Pennant for a month last June/July at £143, not including cancer. Red Pennant looked after us extremely well after we blew a head gasket on the Autoroute 75. Without their fine service, we would have been landed with bills totalling thousands of pounds... recovery from motorway, hotels, taxis, hire car, repairs to MH, repatriation of us and MH, flight from Limoges to Leeds.... blah, blah...

Just trying to help!! :Wink:

• Like Like x 1
  8. stcyr

stcyr Funster

Adac. 97 euros p.a. Covers any vehicle you are in + medical repatriation, + loads of other benefits... :RollEyes:

9. Petros

Petros Funster

Travel Insurance

We found Halifax the most competitive this year, I am 66 and the better half is 65. As with most insurances you get a little discount first year then the following year you have to search again!:thumb: