Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
Mrs yosser here,attempting to organise insurance for our trip to France shortly. I have had 2 quotes so far and they are asking at least 200 smackaroos just for the old fella after taking into account his medical conditions. Tempted to leave him behind or take him and if the worst should happen just leave him there to assist the French in their medical research-----god help eh. Can anyone help, has anyone had same problem.

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Hi Mrs Yosser,

Have you tried Essential Travel, we have used them for a few years and have found quotes very good, they do cover current medical problems and up to 85 years old, not that im saying Yosser is that old. Dont know how long you are planning to be away but we have used them for 3 weeks or so.

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
a lot of the time the insurance is not worth the premium!

how ill has he been in the previous three months?
if he was to take ill are you able to drive the MH?
how long are you going away for?

if you way up the risks and what it would take to return home it may not be worth the payment.

i went to Australia for 3 months insurance was over £500
i went took care on what i did and eat had not problems and returned with enough booolar to go to Rutland that turned in to Stratford with change :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

insurance has to be a calculated risk do you really need it? if it it for piece of mind then pay it what ever it costs :thumb:

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Insurance

Hi Mrs Yosser
Have you thought of doing a part exchange and getting a later model? I,m sure it'l work out cheaper in the long term:thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

UncleNorm

Free Member
Jan 10, 2012
NE Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
coach-built
Exp
Since 1999
a lot of the time the insurance is not worth the premium!

how ill has he been in the previous three months?
if he was to take ill are you able to drive the MH?
how long are you going away for?

if you way up the risks and what it would take to return home it may not be worth the payment.

i went to Australia for 3 months insurance was over £500
i went took care on what i did and eat had not problems and returned with enough booolar to go to Rutland that turned in to Stratford with change :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

insurance has to be a calculated risk do you really need it? if it it for piece of mind then pay it what ever it costs :thumb:

Fortunately, I think differently. I like peace of mind and prefer to fill in holes BEFORE I fall into them!! :Doh: That's why I took out Red Pennant for a month last June/July at £143, not including cancer. Red Pennant looked after us extremely well after we blew a head gasket on the Autoroute 75. Without their fine service, we would have been landed with bills totalling thousands of pounds... recovery from motorway, hotels, taxis, hire car, repairs to MH, repatriation of us and MH, flight from Limoges to Leeds.... blah, blah...

Just trying to help!! :winky:

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Adac. 97 euros p.a. Covers any vehicle you are in + medical repatriation, + loads of other benefits... :RollEyes:

Jul 13, 2011
Stoney Stanton
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Travel Insurance

We found Halifax the most competitive this year, I am 66 and the better half is 65. As with most insurances you get a little discount first year then the following year you have to search again!:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back