Best time to buy

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Jagtazman, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Jagtazman

Jagtazman Funster

When is best time to buy a 2nd hand MH?
    I assume end of season thinking of maybe October?
    Really want a new one but after trawling posts on here will starts with old make more sense.
    Think budget atm will be 15k for first mh does this sound reasonable?. 4 berth 4 belts a must.

2. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

Once Easter kicks in and the weather improves, vans start to sell a little easier.
    Winter can be the best time, especially if off a dealer and they maybe don't want the stock sat there for months..
    BUT many people are upgrading or doing deals on new / newer models so always something about.

JUST BE VERY CAREFUL ON SCAMS...
    Never part with any cash, even £100 deposit by paypal etc " so they can hold it for you" unless it's a well established dealer....

Good luck.

• Like Like x 4
  3. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

Not that I'm looking to buy,(we're still in the honeymoon phase:inlove::inlove:)

But, I've been looking lately and two years on from our purchase, I'm noticing that prices have hardened across the board.
    All I can suggest is research, research, research until it becomes almost second nature as to what is and isn't a good price and there's no substitute for getting out and about and looking the 'vans in the eye.

At 15K there will be 'vans that have more holes in them than sieves but there will be genuine bargains. Learn to be critical, very critical.

4. The Wino

The Wino Funster

Might be worth posting a wanted ad as there could be some thinking of part exchanging on a newer one. Probably cheaper at the back end of the year but a much better selection when they are changing at the start of the year.

5. scotzsue

scotzsue Funster

Best time is when you see the one which suits your needs at a price you are willing to pay.

• Like Like x 9
  6. DanielFord

DanielFord Funster

Have to share our experiences with you here. We thought as you did, that buying around October would be the best time. After a long search, the bitter truth is, it makes precious little difference. When the right van comes up, you buy it. Nobody can predict when that perfect van is going to appear. As it happens we did buy in October, but that was just when our van came on the market. :D

• Like Like x 3
  7. ianandkath

ianandkath Funster

as i have already said on this subject before.
    look,look and look, when you find one thats for you , you will know.
    ps, good luck in your search