Best time of year to sell van?? (1 Viewer)

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Hi
There use to be such a time (usually the Spring) but now I think that line has become blurred mainly because MH can now be used throughout the year without any discomfort. Unless your buying a trade in from a dealer then they're some bargains to be had

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Now at this time of year I would say. then you can get ready for all the events fun holds and shows.
festivals .etc .we bought our first one in march then out in time for easter froze to death but wonderful .the second one bought in september too good to miss.
But was the end of our season so again proper first time out at easter.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I think new first time owners are more likely to buy in Spring as the weather is getting nice.. We used to have a branch of Brownhills just a few hundred yards away and knew the sales staff quiet well. On a sunny weekend it was packed but get a rainy one and the place was dead.
More experienced users would maybe buy anytime of the year, all depending on if they have got their current van sold...
So I guess anytime could be the right time..

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
I sold a van in spring, got over 30 phone calls, then another van late summer, got 5 phone calls. Both vans sold to first to view and you only need one buyer. ( I used Autotrader ).
Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Never sold a motorhome yet but sold our last caravan just after Xmas! More demand in the spring/early summer but less competition out of season (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back