Best sites/locations for young children? Help? (1 Viewer)

PilotStuart

Free Member
Oct 6, 2010
Funster No
Hi , my wife is working like mad for an important exam so I'm taking the children ( three and six years old) away to give her some space.

I'm new to motor-homing so we have rented a motor-home to "dip our toe in the water"

I've negotiated a (6 berth) Rambler for a great , off season, price ( Oct 16th for 5 nights) and envisaged either (i) Wiltshire then S Wales or (ii) Wiltshire then Cornwall (Eden Project).

I think the key to success, is going to be choosing sites with plenty of indoor/outdoor things for the boys to do. Somewhere where there will hopefully be other children and where they might safely cycle their bikes around the site for example.

May I ask if anyone has any recommendations? ( We live in Windsor )

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
hi

I think Haven have a site near there...good site for kids as lots to do..indoor pools table tennis etc. A ta expensive if I remember rightly but I did see some deals ie 3 nights stay...google Haven

OP
OP
P

PilotStuart

Free Member
Oct 6, 2010
Funster No
Hi Harry , thanks for the reply , that would be perfect ! Cost isn't an issue , we just want to have a successful trip and some indoor activities will give us options if the weather isn't as we expect.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I went to a site in St Ives Cornwall over the summer www.polmanter.co.uk which would suit you I think.

Out door heated pool and a play area. My 6 year old daughter loved it.

Shuttle service into St Ives every hour (well it was in July) and very clean/friendly.

No discos so if you want that I agree with the other posters that Haven would be best

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
If you fancy the norfolk coast visit this website

www.searles.co.uk

We think its brilliant for kids, pretty much next to a sandy beach, indoor and out door swimming pools, fishnchip shop and good restaurant.

They put on entertainment and competitions for the children both during the day and in the evening. They have two outdoor play areas with climbing frames, fishing, golf, sports field, tennis courts and a basketball court.

They hire out bikes and if the kids are bored they are bound to mingle and meet with other kids - this often results in a game of cricket or rounders or something where everyone joins in. They also have a beauty salon sauna and gym for the adults.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back