Best Sealant To Use To Refit Seitze Window (1 Viewer)

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
What would you recommend to reseal window.I have used Carafax non drying sealant IDL 99 for fridge vents before.But thought I would get a bit of advice first.I know about Sikaflex.But not sure which one to get.Any advice appreciated(y)

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
If you have a good dealer who carries out this type of work, it may be worth asking which their favourite sealant is and they may stock it.
The problem I have with the non-setting type, is that over the years it oozes out leaving black dirt stuck around the edges.
Alan

OP
OP
Masman
Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
What would you recommend to reseal window.I have used Carafax non drying sealant IDL 99 for fridge vents before.But thought I would get a bit of advice first.I know about Sikaflex.But not sure which one to get.Any advice appreciated(y)
Bump

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
A major consideration is permanence. Anything installed with the type of Sikaflex normally used for solar panel and sat dome mounting is fixed and sealed permanently to all intent. It can be removed but not very easily (no solvent has any effect). Windows and vents might need to be removed and can be permanently sealed with a butyl mastic. I've had great success with the type sold in rolls of different widths by most caravan / motorhome dealers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I agree with @tonyidle .. either a non setting mastic, like IDL 99 Carafax or mastic on a roll..which is easier and cleaner to apply .

it also allows the window or vent to expand and contract.. without cracking the joint..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back