Kimkim2812

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Euramobil
Exp
12 months
We went to meze in the south of france last year .we went down the a75 and over the milau viaduct the last 200 miles were very steep hills up and down although still a 2 lane motorway is there a better route we can take

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
We went to Agde in June and to avoid Paris decided to go via Dijon on the eastern route. From Calais via the A75 (which is the prettier route) is 1031 km to Meze, via Dijon and the A26 it is 1085 km.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings,

Not that I'm an expert on these matters but, from looking at a map of France, you are travelling on the most direct route to get to Meze.
There would seem to be two less uppy downy??? routes to the Med but they will mean either,
A, going a long way out of your last route, ie Go to Bordeaux and then down the Gironde valley, or
B, The route through Dijon, Lyon etc.
I've done the first and very pleasant it was, but it isn't going to get you to Meze any quicker and you'll use up more juice, even allowing for lack of hill climbing.
The problem with the second is although there is an Autoroute, that will gobble up the pennies and if you don't use the autoroute, the towns are big and will result in a slow journey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Thats my route and i have no turbo on my old girl...slow but sure...BUSBY;)

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
And amazingly the most impressive was designed by a Brit!
Yes but can you imagine the buttocks of the guy that signed the order when after they started the Millau the Millenium bridge over the Thames designed by the same guy started to wobble!!
Living in the South of France we have been using the A75 for the last 12 years. Going North A75 to Cleremont Ferrand then find the N7 good standard till just before Paris, round Paris then Autoroute to Calais. The reverse going south. We have tried the other routes but find them boring compared to the drive through the Massive Central. If you pick your times Paris is no trouble.
Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back