Best places to take your motorhome skiing? (1 Viewer)

bunny2

Free Member
Aug 18, 2010
South West
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We plan to go skiing again this season although it looks like it will need to be in February at half term.

Last year we went to Engleberg , nice camp site, excellent facilities but the slopes were along way off and not really suited to my 5 and 7 year old.

Lots of green and blue slopes would be good and a resort that is not too far away as time will be limited.

Can anyone suggest a really good resort, with a good campsite that is great for kids??

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
We plan to go skiing again this season although it looks like it will need to be in February at half term.

Last year we went to Engleberg , nice camp site, excellent facilities but the slopes were along way off and not really suited to my 5 and 7 year old.

Lots of green and blue slopes would be good and a resort that is not too far away as time will be limited.

Can anyone suggest a really good resort, with a good campsite that is great for kids??

hi
have a look at motorhomeski.com. a lot of info regarding MH skiing

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Bugger !! Wildman beat me to it !

I was gonna say find the biggest hill with the gentlest slope up it else you could run into serious grip problems.. You are NEVER going to get a motorhome on a ski lift that's for sure

Doddy999

Free Member
May 3, 2010
Exeter Devon
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8/5/2010
I done many years driving coaches to all the resorts throughout Europe.
Here's an idea maybe. Think there's an Aire also at the top.

Code:
http://www.legrandbornand.com/hiver-winter/accommodation/campsites/760.html

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
I've been looking into this - and we've come up with Valloire. (well, we were tipped with Valloire and other options, and Valloire seems to be OUR best fit)
Not the biggest nor greatest place, but there is a reasonable campsite and the town is okay.
Loasd of green/blue runs.
Season pass also covers discount in other resorts - including Val Thorens (loads of green/blue - and another campsite there too!) (Orelle)
Best bit - early bird adult ski pass for 199€ :) which covers 150kms of runs, as well as 40% off passes elsewhere in the vally.
Supposed to be good for kids - but do your own research.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bunny2

bunny2

Free Member
Aug 18, 2010
South West
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Finally decided on Chatel having looked at motorhome ski and read numerous reviews.

Good camp-site with free pool at CAMPING L'OUSTALET. I'm not sure my wife would stand a week on an Aire !

Lots of suitable family skiing near by to suit our vast range of experience from my youngest at 5 who is just learning to ski to my eldest at 8 who is an aspiring Junior Race Skier . From Chatel there is also access to the massive Portes du Soleil area.

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
Just an update for you.
I'm at Vallorie now having a day off boarding - erm - sore back/bum from a fall yesterday.
Can't find anything to fault the campsite or area really - more details are on my site with pics.
Slopes are almost empty and no queuing at all. lots of nice easy greens and even a free area for real novices.
Campsite is 13A power which is fine and ACSI €20pn.
Hope you have a good time wherever you end up!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back