Best Place To Sell 1 Year Old Van - Quickly! (1 Viewer)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Hi Guys
Having just ordered a new MH, I'll be looking to sell my 1 year old Bessacarr 496 at the end of July.

Can't sell before hand as we will be using it and don't want to trade in as I negotiated a substantial discount and the dealer will only offer silly money.
As such its not a 'cheap' van, and looking online, dealers are offering them for sale at anything upwards of about £45k

Its a clean van, has loads of extras, and is still covered by manufacturers warranty, so it should sell without too many problems, however I've never sold a vehicle of this type and value privately before and would appreciate any advice please.

Where would you advertise, Autotrader, Ebay or both (for a quick sale)?
If Ebay, would you use Auction or Classified Ad.

I'm looking to sell quickly, for a reasonable price, but am aware that we will be approaching the tail end of the season and will the buyers still be there?

Appreciate any comments, suggestions

Regards
Robert

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
eBay/Classified 12photos on for 28 days@ around £15.00 .
auto trader /weekly and on the net photos / price ?
Gumtree Free nationwide 9 photos (had good success there) and you can test the water so to speak before paying for an add that you get no response to.
And of course on here in classifieds.
Hope this helps a good luck on your sale(y)

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
eBay/Classified 12photos on for 28 days@ around £15.00 .
auto trader /weekly and on the net photos / price ?
Gumtree Free nationwide 9 photos (had good success there) and you can test the water so to speak before paying for an add that you get no response to.
And of course on here in classifieds.
Hope this helps a good luck on your sale(y)
How would you pitch the price, compared with what dealers are selling for?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Another vote for eBay classified, gives best coverage for reasonable price, and adds come up well on Google searches.
With Gumtree your add drops down the listing quickly & it appears to be the scammers favourite, far worse than eBay.

When I sold my last van last year I put it on eBay, Gumtree, preloved & 9 other free web sites, only got scammers from Gumtree, local time wasters from Preloved, no replies from other sites, only serious enquiries came from eBay and sold it from that add.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Currently I am On Gumtree And It does appear to be the home of the scammer and Potential money launderer. Will try Ebay.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
How would you pitch the price, compared with what dealers are selling for?

Look around at other prices of same/ similar van and pitch it accordingly .
To high you'll get no response or part ex inquries & messers .
There will be scammers everywhere .prelove is a sister site to Gumtree I believe and your Gumtree add will usually get picked up and place on there for a month for Free. Have had plenty of idiots ring from ALL sites except fun .
I have lost count of stuff sold on g/t never been scammed . good luck

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Ebay classified without a doubt. Take van somewhere green and shoot lots of nice photos. Get it on ASAP, if price right it will go this time of year. But be prepared to be flexible with plans...

Could always ask dealer for a PX price as a back up plan

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Ebay classified without a doubt. Take van somewhere green and shoot lots of nice photos. Get it on ASAP, if price right it will go this time of year. But be prepared to be flexible with plans...

Could always ask dealer for a PX price as a back up plan
Will have to wait until we get back from France to advertise as curtains and l shaped lounge cushions are removed. However I've written the ad and will quickly get some picks taken and a video as soon as.
Will give her a good valet - she cleans up really well and looks beautiful after a wash.
Shall be sad to see her go as she's been a great little home from home

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Will have to wait until we get back from France to advertise as curtains and l shaped lounge cushions are removed. However I've written the ad and will quickly get some picks taken and a video as soon as.
Will give her a good valet - she cleans up really well and looks beautiful after a wash.
Shall be sad to see her go as she's been a great little home from home

In that case put it on now saying photos to follow....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back