Best place for camos flat sat (1 Viewer)

Yorkie

Free Member
Nov 12, 2009
Driffield
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
just bought a flat sat plus with twin lnb and just dont know where on the roof to fit it.
i have a carioca 656 '2005'
should it be fitted with the crank-up handle hidden in a cupboard?
has anyone fitted one on the 656, and advise me where they located theirs.

thanks

Yorkie

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
i fitted one to my cheyenne a couple of months ago , i built it up in the house and made a carboard templet and then placed this on the van roof and moved about till i found the spot that was ok, i have not put the handle in the wardrobe because with the hanging rail i thought there would be problems raising lowering and turning, we dont even notice the handle now.

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I have a Maxview crank up fitted to my 656. The handle is fitted between the 2 habitation lights. Fitting over cupboards is not as convenient when operating as you would need to stand on the seats.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
I have fitted quite a few Camos Crankup units and wherever possible I try to fit it above the wardrobe, in most cases this is perfectly possible and keeps the control unit out of sight. Sorry I can't advise on your particular motorhome.

D.

lufcdave7

Free Member
May 12, 2009
Rochdale
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Hi Yorkie
One point you need to remember when fitting a Camos crank up is that the internal handle assembly is supplied with a compass card. This card is permanently in position to aid quick and easy satellite location. For your own ease and convenience I would recommend fitting where you can see all 360 degrees of the compass, in a cupboard or wardrobe might not achieve this.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I agree with lufcdave7. To use the crank handle and the satellite location directions you need to have it in a really accessible position.

They are not unsightly and after a while it becomes invisile, you just dont notice it.

Jim
:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Hi,
We have an Auto-Trail Cheyenne and we fitted our Camos flat sat above the wardrobe, no worries re the handle and rail and we have a shelf above the rail.
So much better to have it hidden in thecupboard plus this puts the dish at the side of the roof so if you are unsure as to which way it`s pointing it`s easily visible.:thumb:

OP
OP
Yorkie

Yorkie

Free Member
Nov 12, 2009
Driffield
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Thanks everyone for your replys, i've decided not to fit it myself, (or should i say the wife decided) so i'm gonna take it to a motorhome coach builder located near o'learys in Beverley. only costing £60 and he's fitted hundreds of sat dishes so i'll let him decide the best place for it.

YORKIE

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Id fit it
best location possible AND see the TV whilst tuning it:thumb: