Best online ferry quotations for MHers (1 Viewer)

mudmover

Free Member
Apr 30, 2010
Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
So we pick up the new van on the 6th sept and I intend to take the wife to her favourite place in France - La Baule.

Can anyone advise the best place to get quotes for ferry....?

Anytips such as put bikes inside(not on rack) would be appreciated.

Buying the new MH has cleared us out!

Cheers
MM

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
We always find sea france to be the cheapest. Always been happy with them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi we have always found norfolk line to be cheapest also if you shop at tesco you could use the clubcard vouchers for tunnel. If your a member of the caravan club try them as they did us a good price on hull to rotterdam this summer.

Gerry

Aug 21, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Sundays with Norfolk Line £19 +£6 fuel sucharge if not bothered about travelling at peak times Alan:thumb:

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
If you are in Caravan Club you can get a quote for all routes if you enter date/time.

Just booked ours with P&O through them for Oct & returning Nov....£58.30 :thumb::thumb: Thats for 8m M/H

OP
OP
M

mudmover

Free Member
Apr 30, 2010
Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Ferry Crossings

This forum is simply ace...I cannot believe the postive response and support you get......Its simply radiant.....

Ive been involved with many other forums for various hobbies but the response on this site is simple overwhelming...

Keep it up! And your responses:thumb:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi there,

We went with Norfolk Line in June, booking through the CC for £54 return. The tunnel would have been £90 each way. :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek: We don't do Tesco, so no vouchers.

Norfolk Line also allow you to sail on one crossing before, or one crossing after your scheduled one, without an extra charge, (providing there is space of course). :winky:

Cheers,

Jock.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I think it's a bit of a lottery to be honest. Many people report prices on some lines that we have never been able to get. I tend to use SeaFrance because they have given me the best prices over the last few years. I have never been able to get a low price from Norfolk Line, but I know others have.
I booked in early April for a July crossing with SeaFrance and paid £58 return. Then again at the beginning of August for a September crossing and paid £68 return. I think the earlier you book, the lower the price will be. Also worth registering online with SeaFrance as I get periodic offer codes giving a bit of extra discount. This negates the benefit of booking through the C&CC which also offers a small discount. I would rather accrue the loyalty discount benefit directly to my name for future use.
Prices above are for a motorhome 6.5 metres long and less than 3.2 metres high. If you under-claim the length, they may surcharge you on arrival, although others have reported that this rarely happens.
Anti-social sailing times are the best way of getting low prices. We normally book an early morning crossing when many travellers are still pounding round the M25. We travel to Dover the evening before and sleep on Marine Parade until about 5 am. Coming back, we normally leave Calais around late morning, which gives us time to get to the port having stopped at an aire some way to the south (don't like stopping in / around Calais).

Philip

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back