Best Off Grid Wildings.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Snowbird, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

From time to time people ask me which wildings do I think are the best. I know some have never done off grid and would never consider it, but for those that are considering a few days or weeks off grid I will be putting a few photos and a little information on this thread. If any other funsters would like to add on this thread please do but attach photos please, so that it gives a good idea of just what is there. Supermarket carparks do not count. The first is one of my all time favourites in Spain. Playa de Paercheles just south of Mazarron. It used to be a winter halt for hundreds of snowbirds but unfortunately became too popular so the Spanish put up a hight barrier. This was removed last year, allowing excess, but no sleeping. You can get around this problem by driving back up the lane and taking a dirt road along the coast back towards Mazarron and sleeping along there on the beach.
    PS...I know it says Morocco on the photos, but thats because I am too lazy to put them in the correct folder.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8
  2. Snowbird

Here is a good link to the beaches of Canada de Gallego, which is a group of beaches that include Playa de Pecheles. I have camped on all these beaches in the past and there is no problems wilding on any of the others, its just Pecheles has a problem with sleeping. The track mentioned in the link is not suitable for 5ers or American RVs but is fine for anything under 7 metres. http://www.murciatoday.com/mazarrón...ing-percheles-beach._9480-a.html#.UmUSlPk4U0E

• Like Like x 1
  3. keith

keith Funster

Pic 1 & 2: Barragem Do Roxo, Portugal The first one was a few years ago, went last year and it was under water in that spot, but Some good carp fishing off the dam.

Pic 3: Barragem Do Divor, again good Carp fishing

Pic 4: Scotland on the Ardnamurchan Peninsula.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  4. Snowbird

Heres another one for you. If travelling to Spain via La Jonquera border, come off the motorway at Le Boulou and take the old road towards the Spanish border at La Jonquera. Just as you come past what used to be the old customs post there is a left turn signposted "Auberge can Juan". Take this turn and follow it up the mountain. You will see several large level pull ins overlooking the valley on your way up nestled in the cork oaks. If you continue up to the auberge and have a meal, which I guarantee will be one of the most memorable in your life, you can park in there yard free of charge. The menu is 28 Euros for 8 courses including aperatif, unlimited red and white wine and coffee and brandy.I have put a link to the auberge. http://lalbere.net/quelsServices/aubergecanJoan.htm

For some strange reason I am not able to put photos on any more as it keeps telling me the file is to big. Never had this problem in the past.

• Like Like x 1
  5. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

I started a thread on this, if you resize below 95K it will work.

Good tool: http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm

6. keith

keith Funster

Here's 2 I just uploaded, first 1 85.5kb,the second was 832kb, so it's working for me.

First one Altura, Portugal, second one Els Muntells on the Ebro delta

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Snowbird

Will try again. Seems to be working now.

Attached Files: