Best of nights, worse nights 2014 (1 Viewer)

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Looking back over the last year what has been your best night in your motorhome? Where were you? What/who made it special?

What were your not so good nights?

Our best nights were all Funster related, Malvern was a hoot, lots of good times and laughs with new friends at meets big and small. however if I had to choose one night it would be our first night in the Motorhome, we didn't stop laughing cos we couldn't remember how anything worked, it took us half an hour to put the silver screens on! The sheer joy of finally owning a motorhome, even though it was November, dark at 4.30pm and we were just up the road in a deserted CL.

Worse night...first night of our French trip, I was so uncomfortable in bed, couldn't sleep, tossing and turning, bed felt awful, I lay there in the darkness thinking I can't stand 10 nights like this, we will have to change the van, finally at 5am I got up and discovered Martin had stored the clothes airer under my mattress topper, I looked across at his blissfully sleeping face and let's just say he was lucky to be waking up.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Dunno about worst nights.. canna really remember a bad one.. But the best ? Too many to chose from but will certainly be something Funster related !!!

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Probably the best was the Belgian Formula One, especially sitting outside our van on Sunday night with a beer and BBQ laughing at all the bogged down motorhomes being pulled out by a tractor.
The worst was probably the next day when we discovered that we were also bogged down, and the tractor had gone :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Best weekend was being at Biggleswade for four days at the hot rod supernationals just chilling in the sun drinking cold beer, BBQ fired up laughing and joking with friends watching and listening to the V8's burbling past. (y)

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Best night is very difficult as we have had so many but I guess it would have to be the Champ du Moulins campsite in Venosc last Easter. Beautiful weather every day, fantastic views, BBQ most nights and just a short walk to the telecabine and marvellous skiing in Les Deux Alpes.
The worst night has to be when we had to be towed out of a muddy field for our own safety at the Motocross Grand Prix at Matterley Basin, Winchester. We were in the " family " camping, surrounded by the biggest, drunk, a*******s I have ever had the displeasure to be near. There were kids racing pit bikes ( not allowed....not insured) Drunk parents egging them on. Large groups of very drunk lads kicking footballs, deliberately at people's vans and wrestling people to the ground if they tried to pick up a ball that had hit their van. Someone even stole the large gas canisters from the showers!!!!! I have been involved with motocross for over 30 years and was embarrassed to be British. We had to be towed to a safer area away from the trouble. We have been to many motocross GP's in Belgium and never experienced anything like it. Scary stuff.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Best night for us was New Years Eve in the Tropical Bar, Benidorm. 20+ Funsters seeing in the New Year twice, once on Spanish time and then again on UK time. The party went on until 4:30 am New Years Day, an absolutely brilliant time had by all.
Can't recall any really bad nights.

Brisey.

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Best day was coming out of a supermarket in France to find another funster (timbers) parked next to our van. They were leaving as we arrived, but they noticed a car driving slowly around and taking a lot of interest in our van. Instead of leaving, they moved their van next to ours and waited until we emerged, making sure the car occupents knew they were being watched.

The worst had to be visiting what is normally a favourite ASCI site in Pontorson, just south on Mt St Michel - the mosquitos were everywhere biting anything that moved. Even the Pharmacy in town had the lotions and sprays already on the counter. I now carry a mosquito kit in the van, once bitten as the old saying goes!

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Best (so far) has to be the Southport airshow. Having to climb over the 6ft. gates (while drunk) because I was late coming back from the pub.:party2:

Worst was The lightning at Le Crotoy.:Eeek:

Jul 21, 2013
Vienne France
Funster No
MH
VW T4 & MC LOUIS 671
Exp
2013 / 2004
Best was xmas day night just gone in elan valley.
Worst was Sweet Lamb rally stage at Welsh Rally GB 2014. The weather was tereble wind at night as we were parked on a ledge and other people were letting off fireworks bangers every 10 miniutes all through the night till 8am. No sleep was had at all.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Best was a sailing meeting parked in the camping at Burnham on crouch (RCYC) - it was epic. As was the force 5/6 that blew all weekend.

Worst was Rutland - bloody miserable sailing club and camping on the Somme battlefield

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Wow @MichelleRyall the motocross sounds scary. That area is on my commute to work, and I have to say it didn't look nice this year.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Difficult to say which was the worst, possibly on a parkingplatz in Austria, in the middle of nowhere, halfway up a mountain, non stop rain and mist, and no telly reception!

Best (apart from anything MHF related) Saturday night on Camping Serenella, Lake Garda, a walk into Bardolino, a pizza and wine, and back in time to miss the first England match of the World Cup (which you will all remember they lost...), and a few late drinks sitting outside the van on a warm Italian evening..... :xsmile:

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Never a bad night and if I told you of the best nights the most I could hope for is Mrs cutting my bits off ;););)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back