Best Motorhome Insurance?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Wombles, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Wombles

Wombles Funster

We are newbies & having trouble deciding which insurance policy/company is best - please let us know your experience good & bad please.

2. Mikeco

Mikeco Funster

A bit of a minefield really but it does depend on certain things, for example our van is a self build so it excludes a few of the major companies, we need over 120 days in europe on any one trip so that excludes some more.
    In the end we insured with the Camping & Caravan Club who give 180 days cover abroad and was a reasonable price at £226.

Mike

3. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Hi , Personally I've used SAGA for several years always found them to be quite reasonably priced currently £233 , can't comment on accidents etc, as touch wood haven't needed there services for that , I use them for my car and house ins also . I always check with the various comparison sites then go back to Saga and so far they have always improved there price to match or better what others have offered.
    Terry:thumb:

4. camcondor

camcondor Read Only Funster

We used to use Safeguard but they became incredibly uncompetitive for our motorhome, even though we never had a claim and nothing else changed, so changed to the CC which was about £230 a year. Safeguard includes AA recovery, but we took the CC recovery package with Green Flag for about £30, so still much cheaper than Safeguard. :Eeek: like car insurance thugh, there is no sense to some of the quotes you get!

5. busby

busby Funster

Groundhog day comes to mind. It only seems like a short time ago this same thread was on here. BUSBY:BigGrin:

6. busby

busby Funster

Just had a look, 1/11/13 was the last time this thread was raised. BUSBY:BigGrin: