Best/most favoured site in Benidorm

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by redchad, Dec 17, 2012.

1. redchad

redchad Read Only Funster

I've been reading that a lot of funsters stop over in Benidorm for christmas/new year and was wondering what sites are used. The reason I ask is that we set off again in April and plan on staying in Benidorm this time next year for a month.

Those of you that are there did you pre book or is there room to just turn up

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  2. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

Hi red chad, we are currently at Camping Villasol, Benidorm. We have had a look at other sites in the area but find that Villasol is in an ideal location for us. We find the site facilities to be good, I have to force myself to get out of the showers, plenty of hot water and it just keeps on running. On the downside it is not pet friendly
    Brisey.,

PS we did not book in advance, there was plenty of room when we arrived a week ago. There are still quite a few empty pitches.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Just goes to show how things have changed over the years. The first winter I had in Benidorm was 2000 and if you were not down there and parked up by the end of October, beginning of November, they were all full. The few pitches that were available were under trees or got no sun.

4. peter marshall

peter marshall

We have not done Christmas in Benidorm, only Easter we stopped on Raco, good clean site and showers etc, very handy for the prom the bus stops outside the Camp and is just up the road from the Palace. Pete :thumb::thumb:

5. MrMotorhome

MrMotorhome Read Only Funster

Ditto!

6. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

In all the years we have been, never booked. Turn up at Villasol and say you want to stay 31 plus days to get the better rate.. If you leave sooner they have never queried it..
    Good location for the town and good facilities..

Have done ElRaco and thats also good and would be my second choice.

If you get to Benidorm early enough you can park close to most of the sites and go check them out before deciding...

7. MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn Read Only Funster

Double ditto !! :BigGrin:

Mike

• Like Like x 1
  8. redchad

redchad Read Only Funster

Many thanks so far! Out of interest what sort of price would I be looking at for 31+ nights.

Did stay at camping Armanello last June which I think is next to villasol, a bit surprised its not had a mention on here?

9. Snowbird

I stayed on El raco the first year but 2 things put me off, the first being that when walking up from town it was all up hill and allthough you dont notice it when walking into town, that extra half mile or so tells on the legs. The second was, it was a bit to regimented, little hedges round all the pitches :Sad:. After the first winter I stayed on La Torreta, on there carpark next to the palace. Stayed on there for several years until they stopped us parking on there. It was like a small village in those days, everyone knew each other and only the regulars were allowed to park on the carpark as we were all there long term. Any excuse for a street party in those days.

Attached Files:

10. Snowbird

Armanelo is the cheapest camping in Benidorm, long term. It still gets full early on in the winter season. Its never been as popular with the Brits as the others, there main customers are Dutch and Belgian.

11. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

http://www.camping-villasol.com/html/tarifas.htm. Electric is charged on meter, We used appox a euro per day with Fridge, kettle use etc...

Armanello are ACSI so do some good fixed price deals, never liked it's location, especially that lane that comes down between Villasol and the market, "gypsy lane" as locals call it...

12. KeithS

KeithS

We are at Camping Arena Blanca. We are paying €13.20 per night which is for stays of 16 - 30 nights. For 31 - 60 nights the rate is €12.10 per night. Over 60 nights the rate is €11.55 per night. There is an indoor heated swimming pool, a shop that is open, take-away food in the evenings, water and drainage on each pitch and nice clean facilities. A bus (No. 10) runs into the centre of Benidorm every 15 mins - the fare is €1.45 per person. We didn't book, just turned up and got in OK. This site appears to be less expensive than some. One big issue for us is internet access which is FREE here and works well! We enquired at Villasol and Villamar both of which have internet at extra cost which, of course, adds to the price of your stay if you want it.

http://www.camping-arenablanca.es/

Hope this helps.