Best Map Book for France?

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Papa Smurf, May 9, 2008.

1. Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf Member

10 days or so to go before June & I cross the channel for the first time (note to self - must book some tickets soon!).

Which map books to people recommend for La Belle France? Large Scale, with any appropriate warnings to assist RV newcomers preferred? Oh, and must be able to obtain them within a short time or we'll already have left :BigGrin:. We have tom-tom and Autoroute, but want a physical book so that we can use it when all my electronic aids commit suicide (a la Newark).

TIA
    Papa

2. N Luyetund

N Luyetund Deleted User

Best for us is the AA one from the cheap shop:Wink:

Some folks prefer Michelin but I find it too 'busy' to read comfortably

3. olley

olley Funster

4. Diabalo

Diabalo Funster

We use the AA jobbie, ring bound so you can fold the pages back and it's about A4 size:thumb: not too big on me birds lap when going along.:Rofl1:

5. A and K

A and K Read Only Funster

We also prefer the Large scale AA ring bound one.We agree with Graham, the Michelin seems too 'busy'
    Also, we definately recommend using an atlas in conjunction with the Sat Nav rather than being sent down narrow roads etc.
    Enjoy your trip :thumb:

Angie and Keith

6. superk

superk Read Only Funster

Over five years touring France for a few months each year we've always used the 1:200,000 Michelin Tourist and Motoring Atlas - yes sizeable but as there are less pages there are less bits on the centre fold AND they give bridge heights. If staying in a particular region we may go to a more detailed map but can usually get by with the 1:200,000.
    Keith