Best Location for carbon Dioxide detector (1 Viewer)

Brightspark

Free Member
Dec 27, 2010
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
June 2010
Thinking of upgrading the basic 'stick on-change colour' detector to a battery operated detector. Where within the motorhome would funsters recommend the best location of a detector.

Deleted User
Don,t put it anywhere near your mouth as it will keep going off. I assume you mean a carbon monoxide detector, normally recommended about 3' from floor and not in corner

spongy

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
sleeping aria i put mine fairly near to head high when siting this places it just level with the top bunk at the front ferly near to the central heating but i am sure that’s wrong someone will be along to put me right but even wrongly placed is better than not having one as the main sorch of carbon monoxide is heating cooking and being overcome when sleeping ferly near to your sleeping level if in doubt get two [FONT=&quot]they are cheep far beter than the long sleep or the dirt nap
[/FONT]

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deckard

Free Member
Mar 26, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
...looking
Exp
Noob
I seem to recall a previous debate on this .....and having followed up one of those previous links to an independent site - it turns out that despite popular thinking being to mount them "lower down" it doesn't actually matter.

IIRC - its about airflow and enclosed spaces; thus it is dissipated throughout in anycase - so anywhere not in a cupboard or without obscured airflow should suffice...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back