best insurance

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by fof, May 28, 2010.

1. fof

fof Read Only Funster

Hi , can anyone recommend a good value for money insurer for my swift bolero 600 ek .
    Been trying all night on the net and quotes are varying wildly and never quite sure whats covered and whats not
    cheers :cry:

2. CHRI$

CHRI$ Funster

sureterm done it for me,but phone them,dont do it online.
    and they sponsor this forum:thumb:

cheers chris

3. johnnerontheroad

johnnerontheroad Read Only Funster

4. jaygee

jaygee Funster

I tried all companies suggested but went for NFU in the end. they gave me a starter no claims bonus as I was not transfering my other vehicles to them and this year I got £32 off the renewal premium as a mutual bonus. Fully comp on our 1994 Hymer £220. I got quotes from Safeguard & Saga etc. last year but no one came in under £300 infact Saga were really expensive @ £420!
    On the recomendation from this forum Just taken out Breakdown cover - 1 years cover which includes up to 90 days European cover for £79.50 with Frank Pickles (Insurance Brokers) Ltd Tel: 01943 850999. They were the only company to offer breakdown cover for vehicles older than 15 years and up to 7mtr in length. It might be worth giving them a ring or you can look on line for insurance quotes.

5. littlevanfan

littlevanfan Read Only Funster

insurance

Sureterm did a great deal for me too. Even including self-conversion.
    Had the same experience as you on the net being passed around and most not qouoting as soon as I mentioned modifications. Good luck

6. Wortle

Wortle Read Only Funster

I generally use safeguard as they include European and uk breakdown cover for the van....might apply to vans under 10 years old though. I always phone for van quotes,.

7. lynne7

lynne7 Read Only Funster

We used Insurance Choice for a couple of years and found them much cheaper than the RAC's Arrival scheme that we were in. Our motorhome is over 10 years old so not everyone will insure it. Anyway we had cause to use them last year when our engine blew whilst in France. They arranged a tow to Boulougne and Peugeot garage, and arranged a hotel until we sorted out with the garage the best way to proceed. We ended up coming back home to effect the repairs over here,they towed us to Calais and then from Dover to home and because it was midnight when we got home, they towed us to the garage when we had sorted that side out a few days later. :thumb: We can't fault them, they definately looked after us, unfortunately they wont now insure us because of the age of the motorhome :cry:

8. john+julie

john+julie Read Only Funster

caravan club for us , was very reasonable especially as insured in wifes name

9. alanf

alanf Read Only Funster

We went with Comfort. The policy is with Aviva (ex Norwuch Union), full EEC cover all year & EEC breakdown. HAlf the price quote by the Caravan Club.