best insurance (1 Viewer)

fof

Free Member
Jan 21, 2010
merseyside
Funster No
Exp
1st timer
Hi , can anyone recommend a good value for money insurer for my swift bolero 600 ek .
Been trying all night on the net and quotes are varying wildly and never quite sure whats covered and whats not
cheers :cry:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
sureterm done it for me,but phone them,dont do it online.
and they sponsor this forum:thumb:

cheers chris

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
I tried all companies suggested but went for NFU in the end. they gave me a starter no claims bonus as I was not transfering my other vehicles to them and this year I got £32 off the renewal premium as a mutual bonus. Fully comp on our 1994 Hymer £220. I got quotes from Safeguard & Saga etc. last year but no one came in under £300 infact Saga were really expensive @ £420!
On the recomendation from this forum Just taken out Breakdown cover - 1 years cover which includes up to 90 days European cover for £79.50 with Frank Pickles (Insurance Brokers) Ltd Tel: 01943 850999. They were the only company to offer breakdown cover for vehicles older than 15 years and up to 7mtr in length. It might be worth giving them a ring or you can look on line for insurance quotes.

littlevanfan

Free Member
Jun 4, 2010
BRISTOL
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
3 years
insurance

Sureterm did a great deal for me too. Even including self-conversion.
Had the same experience as you on the net being passed around and most not qouoting as soon as I mentioned modifications. Good luck

Wortle

Free Member
Apr 30, 2008
Funster No
I generally use safeguard as they include European and uk breakdown cover for the van....might apply to vans under 10 years old though. I always phone for van quotes,.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lynne7

Free Member
Jun 3, 2010
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
7 years
We used Insurance Choice for a couple of years and found them much cheaper than the RAC's Arrival scheme that we were in. Our motorhome is over 10 years old so not everyone will insure it. Anyway we had cause to use them last year when our engine blew whilst in France. They arranged a tow to Boulougne and Peugeot garage, and arranged a hotel until we sorted out with the garage the best way to proceed. We ended up coming back home to effect the repairs over here,they towed us to Calais and then from Dover to home and because it was midnight when we got home, they towed us to the garage when we had sorted that side out a few days later. :thumb: We can't fault them, they definately looked after us, unfortunately they wont now insure us because of the age of the motorhome :cry:

alanf

Free Member
May 23, 2009
Woking, Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 years
We went with Comfort. The policy is with Aviva (ex Norwuch Union), full EEC cover all year & EEC breakdown. HAlf the price quote by the Caravan Club.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back