Best Guides for Newbies?

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by dickymac, Apr 15, 2009.

1. dickymac

dickymac Deleted User

Hi, I'm new to the world of MHs. I want to tour the Uk, but don't know where to go! I would like to go to festivals, events and just nice places, but I can't find a suitable guide, just seem to be campsite details, so can anyone please help with any suggestions?

Also, is there any other suitable books that you would suggests to help my introduction to the open road with my new four wheeled home?

Many thanks for your time
    Richard

2. Boo

Boo Read Only Funster

:welcome:

Welcome aboard matey :Wink:

If you follow the funsters there always seems to be something going on :BigGrin:

What you got and does she/he have a name yet??

Boo

3. bald eagle

bald eagle Read Only Funster

Hi dickymac and :welcome:

regards
    bald eagle

4. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Hi Richard, there is more info here than you will find in any book. Just work your way through the forum sections and there is a ton or two of information. If you cannot find what you are looking for just ask. Lots of friendly help to be had here:thumb:

meanwhile welcome to the fun, please post often:BigGrin:

5. dickymac

dickymac Deleted User

Hi and a big thank you to you all for taking the time to reply!

I have a Ford Herald Squire 98, 30K on the clock and in nice condition. Think this will be a good introduction to the world of MH life! I hope! :BigGrin:

I used to live on a narrowboat and she was called 'My English Rose,' so I'll call my new girl Rose. :Smile:

Richard

6. Sundowners

Sundowners Funster Life Member

Are you able to get away next weekend? There is a large motorhome show at the Peterborough Showground. MHFun are having a meet, however, all the spaces have been taken up, but you can still get in on the general camping area and then come over to our area, meet all the Funsters attending and join in the fun in the marquee on an evening.
    Look under 'calender' on here and find the meet at Peterborough for next weekend and it will give you some details on the show.

Nigel and Pamala

7. Boo

Boo Read Only Funster

A narrowboat was my dream for years but after weighing up the costs of mooring and reg and MOT fees I thought it was more expensive than living in a house. but the romance is still there :thumb:

Teacher?...........on a narrowboat?.................your not the woman off Corra's are you?

Boo

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  8. sinbad1

sinbad1 Deleted User

I have lived on a boat for some 15yrs and now live in a house and moved to motorhoming, running costs of the boat, i would say was less than 50% compared to that of a house, and that included permanant mooring fees, even less if you were fulltiming the canal network.

Regards

9. ralph-dot

ralph-dot Read Only Funster

Welcome

The camping clubs usually publish a monthly what's on. If you know where you want to go, most towns have a website with a what's on and local attractions. For me if there is a pub close by that's all I need to know, see my web below.

Ralph

10. dickymac

dickymac Deleted User

I may be talked into trying a dress, but I don't really fancy Ken! :RollEyes:

11. dickymac

dickymac Deleted User

Living on a narrowboat is great, but cost are forever growing.... money making authorities! However, it was my growing disabilities that caused my problems... I think my children were pleased to know I was off the water... they don't know i have a MH yet!! :Laughing: