Best for Route Planning in Advance Sygic or Copilot on Android

Discussion in 'GPS Navigation' started by PaulB, Oct 18, 2016.

1. PaulB

PaulB Funster

How easy is route planning in advance on Sygic or Copilot on an android tablet?
    Cheers
    Paul

2. peterc10

peterc10 Funster

I have had Sygic for Europe for a long time on my Android phones. It has gone through several name changes and many upgrades in that time, and they have always been free. Few years ago I put Copilot on as well because I wanted the US maps (we visit our daughter who lives there every year) and they were a lot cheaper. Within a couple of years a new version came out and they wanted me to pay again for it.

Personally I always found Sygic so much more intuitive. I could still use the older copilot when we were in the USA but I got so fed up with its quirky ways that a couple of years ago I bought the North America maps for Sygic instead when they were on special offer. So a long winded way of saying that I think Sygic is far the better.

Having said that we rarely if ever use either to route plan in advance. We would either look at a map ot use google maps on a large screen for that.

3. PaulB

PaulB Funster

Thanks @peterc10 I must admit that I had thought the maps were free as they are with HERE We Go. The trouble is neither site gives any indication of price of maps. Do you know how much Europe would be on the two apps?
    Thanks
    Paul

4. sallylillian

sallylillian Funster Life Member

Route planning, saving and recalling is easy in CoPilot but like all these apps or devices familiarity generally brings more satisfaction. One of the key reasons I prefer CoPilot to Sygic, and I have Truck licences for both, is the management of personal POI's. If you have a multi country collection like Archie's or Camper Contact you can install them as one file and group into CoPilot, with Sygic you have to split them into country groups and also process them through a Rupi converter before installing. Of course I have many other reasons for selecting CoPilot and they have been covered in many threads.

5. peterc10

peterc10 Funster

Pricing for Sygic is here.

For Europe it is £16.49 or £19.99 with lifetime traffic. Ridiculously cheap considering my original western europe, which came on a CD, was £60 all those years ago. Personally, if I was buying again, I would go for the whole world offer at £24.99 or £29.99 with lifetime traffic

• Thanks Thanks x 1