LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
I charge the Kindle with any lead I find in the draw - Bluetooth headset / Android Phone / Printer / power monkey etc and as for covers; Amazon and take your pick, but get auto shut off ones to extend the battery life even longer(y)

OP
OP
R

ronidog1

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Over 10 years
Zigisla and denisejo - Thanks I was hoping that was the case, but its always worth checking:)

I found some Amazon vouchers left over from a rewards scheme so I have ordered the voyage at a nice price.:cool:

I have been holding off to see if there was any support for the more independent and open source Kobo, Pocketbook or Icarus readers. It would seem that in the UK at least Amazon has cornered a niche market with high quality products....oh well such is life

Thanks to all of your for your advice and thoughts.

Ronidog

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
. It would seem that in the UK at least Amazon has cornered a niche market with high quality products....oh well such is life
Ronidog

You can still download an immense number of books from open sources like Project Gutenberg and they are now in .mobi format which enables you to download them directly to your Kindle without conversion.

It is worth signing up to the Kindle Daily Deal which gives 3 or 4 books per day, from mainstream authors, for 99p for that day. If you sign up you will get an email telling you what they are.

I use Calibre a lot for- for example- converting blogs that I enjoy, saving the van manuals, travel documents etc to .mobi format.

Soon, I think, we will be able to borrow library books in Kindle format. I already do this via an app called Overdrive, on my tablet but in the US they can do it on Kindles as well.

Enjoy your Voyage...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back