Best Campsite For.....section (1 Viewer)

Oct 25, 2014
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs A 7870-2
Exp
Newbie, caravanner since 2008
Have been on a grand total of (wait for it)....3 outings and would love to recommend most of the sites visited.

Two are easy - 'eating' and 'beer', another really needs to go in a 'best for boating' category.

A couple of other things I often look for when searching for a campsite, (which may be of interest to others) are their proximity to an historic site (National Trust/English Heritage etc), for a cheap day out with the kids, AND because it's a pain in the rear to move our van about, unless there's acres of parking at our destination, I spend ages trying to find sites with relatively easy access to civilization (i.e. walkable), or transport, if walking/cycling isn't viable.

You can get a lot of this info on UKCampsite, but it's a bit painful and the tent/caravan fraternity often have slightly different needs.

Not sure if a separate category for proximity to civilization and/or transport would be doable, but it would be great if folks could mention ease of this in their reviews in the other 'best campsite for....' thread recommendations. Apologies, if lots of them do already. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back