Best Breakdown Cover ?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by sylvester1954, Aug 5, 2015.

1. sylvester1954

sylvester1954 Funster

Good evening all. Need to renew my breakdown cover for my van......does anyone have a recommendation based on their own experience as to who offers the best all round cover especially when one is abroad?

2. supabrigg

supabrigg Funster

hi there, just had to be recovered back home by rac and was very satisfied with the service.as my van is 4500kg it was more of a problem but still not a hassle, the biggest problem was the police believe it or not with there (we want it moved in 30 minutes or we will shift it attitude) so 1hour 45 minutes later it was moved by police and cost me 150 pounds.i am currently waiting for rac to reimburse me so that will tell me how good the service is though I ll be surprised if its a problem. as regards abroad I am away 3 to 4 months and always feel confident I will get whatever help I need.hope this helps cheers mick

3. Shazzy44

Shazzy44 Funster

Nationwide flexy plus account open a joint account you both get for £10 a month
    Breakdown cover
    Travel insurance
    Mobile phone insurance
    Extended warenty on purchases

4. JackieP

JackieP Funster

Having used a few breakdown policies I would say that they are only as good as the experience. If you ring up to report a breakdown and you get someone decent on the phone and they ring someone decent then you have a good experience. If not, well, we've all been there.

For the record I'm insured with SAGA - full European and UK cover for £98/year. I've used them twice and was recovered to my choose destination - once including a ferry crossing.

5. peterc10

peterc10 Funster

I used to be with Saga - they use AA. I am now with Safeguard and they use AA too. But Safegurad quoted half the price to Saga for the policy.

6. sdc77

sdc77 Funster

I'm sure I read a thread on here recently where that doesn't apply to larger motorhome ...
    For the op ..my suggestion is adac BTW

......I've now bothered to go and read the terms on the nationwide site. . (Thanks to the tube strike)
    Motorhomes up to 8m or 7.5 ton are covered

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  7. Rob and Val

Rob and Val Funster

8. gillnphil

gillnphil Funster

I got all this with HSBC or so I thought. Small print only up to 6 meters, so now covered by Saga.
    Phil

9. marcus153

marcus153

I have Green Flag through the CC (mayday recovery) - the only time I called them out so far was a wheel change and it took three hours to arrive due to staff shortages in the area.

I was in a safe position at a service station so not high risk.