LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I have a friend looking to buy his first MH and admits he is somewhat 'green' about what to look for. I can help him out with a lot of the bits and pieces to look for etc but wonder if anyone has owner knowledge of a Bessecarr 445 which is the van he is looking at.

Thanks

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Buying a motorhome is a very personal thing and it all revolves around layout.
I have no knowledge of that particular model but if the layout, price and condition suite Bessacarr are the better end of the Swift group.

Malcolm in Surrey

Free Member
Jan 24, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 445
Exp
Since September 2015
We bought my first motohome at the end of last summer, a Bessacarr 445 and we am very pleased with it. Having been to the Lincoln show and viewed many vans we are still happy that we made a very good choice for our needs. We especially wanted four proper seats with seat belts which it has. The whole van seems to have a lot of space whilst having everything you need. The overcab bed means it is always made up, so no preparation required. The shower room is much bigger than most vans that are bigger than the 445, meaning you have a separate shower and can have you clothes in the room at the same time, not getting wet. Our 445 is a 2003 model based on the Fiat Ducato, which may seem slightly old fashioned next to the latest models but it servers every purpose. I had no pre-conceived ideas of what to expect and most of the oddities revolve around the Fiat parts of the van i.e. the Ducato is very basic (It has the worst radio I have ever had in 38 years of driving!), the suspension is not inspiring, but at least I am getting over 26mpg. As John has already said it is very personal and layout is definitely everything. Try to find one to look at.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Cal54

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Thanks for your replies. The guys didn't get the van in question but have now become the proud owners of another 'Bessie', the layout of which they prefer on reflection. Can't remember the exact model number but it has the rear U shaped lounge which they really like. This is their 1st MH and they are looking forward to getting out and about and meeting other Funsters, will be at Peterborough to see what it is all about.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back