bessecar 560 automatic 3 litre

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by happychicky66, Jul 23, 2013.

1. happychicky66

happychicky66 Read Only Funster

anyone got any tips on this van im a :Eeek:newbie and i am thinking about it could do with advice its 2008 model any help appreciated

2. WillH

WillH Funster

We have a 2008 E560 , though it's the 2.3, loads of power so I can imagine what the 3 litre is like. The layout suits us perfectly and that's what its all about. Had ours from new and still with us after 33,000 miles. Had a few little problems but apart from the gearbox nothing major ( 3 litre didn't have the judder ).

Rgds
    Bill

3. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

the 3.0 litre engine is great, really powerful and shifts a big van like you were driving a car. points to note though are water ingress into the engine bay (easily fixed) and if manual the clutch costs a fortune to replace (£1200 for me recently, or £1600 at main dealer) any sign its slipping get it changed before purchase

what an idiot i am :doh just reread its an auto lol

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  4. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

Box is the main thing to watch for, they have the Chysler unit (62te IIRC) which had issues with seals, and 2-4 gear, and 1/Reverse failures. There are upgrade kits available to combat this.

The mileage you will be doing, I doubt you will have too many issues with it! If you do, look at getting the upgrade kit fitted as this solves many issues. They replace the gears, change metal oil seals for teflon ones and alot more besides.

Don't worry though - if you want peace of mind, make sure the warranty covers the gearbox and extend it if need be. Most dealer warranties will cover a box rebuild - they won't cover a clutch, so auto is the right way to go!:thumb: