Bessacarr solar panel plug (1 Viewer)

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I have an 07 Bessacarr E435, lurking by the charging unit is a 2 pin plug for connecting to a solar panel. Does anyone know what the plug is called and where I can get it's opposite partner so I can connect my solar panel up. I suppose I should have taken a pickie so you could all see what it looks like.

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
Sorry...... but......

It's called Fred, and I think Wilma is a member on here somewhere ( ask Geo )

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
yes you're right.....a piccy will help. :roflmto:
and some rough dimensions or something to scale it to.
could be any one of many plugs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I have an 07 Bessacarr E435, lurking by the charging unit is a 2 pin plug for connecting to a solar panel. Does anyone know what the plug is called and where I can get it's opposite partner so I can connect my solar panel up. I suppose I should have taken a pickie so you could all see what it looks like.

Can't you just cut the plug off and hard wire the solar panel in?
Our Autocruise is an 07 & at the time I found I could wire my solar panel in & did it with connectors, once I found the wires to connect to. :Doh:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Mine is a funny looking flat green affair that looks very non-standard (Rapido of course) luckily they provided the plug that fits it in with all the instruction bumf.

Show a picture and someone will name it.

OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
yes you're right.....a piccy will help. :roflmto:
and some rough dimensions or something to scale it to.
could be any one of many plugs.

I will take a photo next time i'm up the van, i'ts very similar to the power connector that goes to a cd rom in a computer.

I could cut the plug off but would rather use it as it is there ready to go.

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
Dane try Sargents who made the wiring loom for your van.
Link here from their site with scematic drawings : Link Removed

Mark

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Usualy Solar panels use a MC4 plug, but every one cuts em off:Doh: they can be expensive for what they are
try e bay or google to see a pic
Geo

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi,

I think it's a JST type connector. If so it should look something like the one on here

Link Removed

you know....you could be right...:thumb:

dane did say it was like a CD ROM drive plug

personally i'd want something a bit more robust than that..

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
solar plug

Hate to state the obvious, but here goes. Contact Swift or a Swift dealer they can supply the mating plug.

Sure thats what I read in all the bumf I got when we bought ours last year.

:Doh::Doh:

OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Hi,

I think it's a JST type connector. If so it should look something like the one on here

Link Removed

That looks about right Phil, well done that man.:thumb:

I new I had seen the plug somewhere, once I saw your post the penny dropped as I used to do a lot of RC aircraft I must have them connectors in my shed somewhere. It looks like the white one
Link Removed

Last edited:

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
Dane I ripped the wiring out in my van and installed new. It will be 1.5mm wire factory fitted ....... I would recommend a minimum of 2.5mm for 1 panel and increase if more than 1 panel or a long cable run.

Mark

OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Dane I ripped the wiring out in my van and installed new. It will be 1.5mm wire factory fitted ....... I would recommend a minimum of 2.5mm for 1 panel and increase if more than 1 panel or a long cable run.

Mark

Mark
I Contacted Seargents and they are sending one out FOC, very good of them I thought, but after what you have said about the wiring I will take your advice and re-do in 2.5mm to be on the safe side.:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Mark
I Contacted Seargents and they are sending one out FOC, very good of them I thought, but after what you have said about the wiring I will take your advice and re-do in 2.5mm to be on the safe side.:thumb:

assuming you've already got the panel you'll see the wire size coming from that....much bigger than 1.5mm

fazer

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
Funster No
I have a 2008 Bessacarr E695 and my handbook tells me that the Solar Connection panel point uses a JST-LP type connector. I would assume yours will be the same, but why don't you check your handbook to be sure?

OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
assuming you've already got the panel you'll see the wire size coming from that....much bigger than 1.5mm

Bloody ell John you weren't wrong there. The panel turned up today complete with wiring of 2 single 4mm cables for pos and neg each 5 Mtrs long. It's only an 80w panel.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Bloody ell John you weren't wrong there. The panel turned up today complete with wiring of 2 single 4mm cables for pos and neg each 5 Mtrs long. It's only an 80w panel.

i think mine were 4mm but DOUBLE insulated...grey primary insulation then coloured sleeve insulation round that !!!! .try getting those through the roof.

luckily mine coincided with the hole the flying saucer aerial came out of, so a water proof joint box, back drilled out, sikiflexed over the hole and all was well.

dont forget while fitting the panel to tape ends of the wires......its pushing volts all the time it exposed to the sun.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years

Mark

Mark

Should 2.5mm twin round be easily available? If so where from, I have tried the likes of B&Q, Homebase etc, I know an electical wholesaler may sell it but I don't want a whole reel.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Mark

Should 2.5mm twin round be easily available? If so where from, I have tried the likes of B&Q, Homebase etc, I know an electical wholesaler may sell it but I don't want a whole reel.

i reckon the best place is a motoring shop...not halfrauds, they dont have a clue unless its wearing a hoody.

something like the boyracers use for their 25giggawatt amps.

household flex doesnt have enough strands/flexability to be reliable

i'd say you need around 25amp multi strand (maybe 30 strands)wire.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back