Bessacarr solar panel connection point (1 Viewer)

walnut

Free Member
Dec 7, 2008
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E495
Exp
On my Bessacarr 2008 E495 there is a solar connection point that is rated at 10amps.
Looking at the schematic wiring diagram it shows the solar connection connects between the leisure battery wires (via a 40amp) fuse and the battery chargers output.

Does this mean that the solar panel will need a charge regulator/reverse diode fitted before it connects to the solar connection point?

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
You will still need to fit a regulator , Personally I never use the existing wires finding them a little to thin and would use new much heavier gauge cable to eliminate voltage drop. Any problems give us a shout

Mark

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Walnut, let me know how you get on with the solar power installation. I am giving serious consideration to fitting a panel to our E560. It would be interesting to know what size of panel you opt for and roughly how much the job costs.

Many thanks
Bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

skimad

Free Member
May 5, 2011
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
vw
Exp
Hi
I have a charger on my vw that chargers my leisure battery and a cbe pc-200 control panel with a DS-300UK distribution box.
I am wanting to install or get someone to install a solar panel on the roof with a regulator of some kind or maybe a dual regulator that can charge both the main battery and the leisure battery. is this possible a what equipment will I need to purchase and or how much for someone to do. Would like to see a wiring diagram or a picture so that I can visage what is involved.
I was then looking at fitting an inverter close to the leisure battery so that I can use one 240v supply,
can anyone help please.

Paul

reply email to pd.sadler@btinternet.com

scek

Free Member
Jan 12, 2011
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Couple of years or so.
we are thinking doing the same with our e495. keep us updated on what you do.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back