bessacarr E760 2.8JTD Fiat (1 Viewer)

A

alli

Deleted User
Hi
We are going to buy our first motorhome and think, after much looking, that we are going for the E760. Our only downside is that is doesnt have a garage. Does anyone know if you can have a moped carrier on the back of these?? Also has anyone ever had any probs with these models.
Also do they hold their money quite well when coming to re-sell. A salesman once told us that getting parts abroad for these is a nightmare if you happen to break down and suggested we buy a rapido but we cant find a model to suit. any advice would be great.

S

Stueysheep

Deleted User
watching with interst. I've just bought a 2004 E745. Pick it up in three weeks time...

Mikemoss

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Corsham, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Well our Bessie is much older than yours, guys, but so far (touch wood) it has been brill. It's an E695 (rear lounge, front dinette, overcab double) from 1998 and has done 75,000 miles with everything still working and feeling rock-solid.

Hope both of yours turn out to be every bit as good. If you do get any bother, there's strong evidence on err ummm 'another' forum that Swift are pulling out all the stops to give great customer service.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Voyager

Free Member
Oct 17, 2007
Sheffield
Funster No
Exp
March 2007
Hi Alli

Hi Alli
I own the Bessacarr E560 which is the first motor home we have ever owned, parched in March 07, up to date there are five Fiat recalls on this model.
The design is what attracted us to this model, but the build quality needs something to be desired.
As far as parts are concerned the longest we have been waiting four weeks for some parts, (don't know if the agent were I bought the m/h from forgot to order the parts ) and considering they were only coming from Swift's in Yorkshire it needs something to be desired.
If you should ask me would I buy another.......No... unless they get there act together with the build quality.
As a matter of interest were are you thinking of buying your motor home from.

geoff

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
Hi,

I have an E795 which is a 2006 model, had no major problems, and have been pleased with build quality. Only had a couple of items that had to be sorted out on warranty. Would buy again.

D

OP
OP
A

alli

Deleted User
we will buy private not trade. You always pay a huge premium from garages and as long as you get the service history and the people look trushworthy we should be ok, we are buying only a one year only one so it all should still be under warranty.
Thanks for your comments guys.

blackie

Free Member
Dec 30, 2007
N IRELAND
Funster No
MH
C/CLASS
Exp
10 YEARS
Hi Alli
I own the Bessacarr E560 which is the first motor home we have ever owned, parched in March 07, up to date there are five Fiat recalls on this model.
The design is what attracted us to this model, but the build quality needs something to be desired.
As far as parts are concerned the longest we have been waiting four weeks for some parts, (don't know if the agent were I bought the m/h from forgot to order the parts ) and considering they were only coming from Swift's in Yorkshire it needs something to be desired.
If you should ask me would I buy another.......No... unless they get there act together with the build quality.
As a matter of interest were are you thinking of buying your motor home from.

i hope yours is a one off as i am picking up a new e560 next week.have you got problems sorted out. i am in n ireland.regards blackie:thumb:

Tony Hunt

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Wimborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
Theres nothing wrong with the build quality on Bessacarrs. The quality of the build is what prompted me to buy my 2001 built E745. Weve had it coming up six years now and the only problem ive had is the toilet door kept coming off its runner. Ive fixed that now with some well placed screws. The layout on the 745 is absolutely fantastic for two people who dont want or need travelling companions. We have the huge rear bathroom for comfort whilst attending to ones ablutions, we hardly ever use campsite facilities preferring to use our own. We have the two long side seats which give us total relaxation of an evening and which turn into two super comfortable single beds or a double at night. We dont have the overcab bed so we have all that space instead for things like the microwave, television and associated sky and dvd boxes plus lots more cupboard space. I made a plywood shelf, covered with a green material to cover the whole space above the driving seats which is perfect for the tele and microwave to sit on.
We dont have a garage but thats not a bad thing as most people get tempted to fill em up with a lot of unnecessary junk, just in case its needed which then puts them invariably overweight. I love the long tall outside storage cupboard on the 745 which is ideal for all my Boys toys, fishing rods, metal detectors, wet weather gear and boots etc.
We still have the original set of tyres and the original batteries from new on the van but I think for peace of mind I might start replacing the batteries before we go abroad this summer. At the last MOT I was advised that the tyres are still good for a few more thousand miles but for safetys sake I might replace them too before long as they are approaching seven years old. I made sure I changed the Cam belt last year because Fiat advise 6 years is max.
To make things more pleasant for us I have fitted a automatic sat dish, Solar panel, cruise control, refillable gaslow bottles and an exterior BBQ point as well as cycle carrier and tow bar to pull our small car by A frame.
All in all we have been well pleased with our purchase. I havent seen another van at the shows apart from some of the Autotrails that come anywhere near the Bessacarr for quality and comfort and would certainly buy another, one day, but hopefully this one will last a while yet.
Swift parts if needed shouldnt be a problem anywhere either, you can find a lot of minor parts in most caravan shops.

bigal

Free Member
Feb 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
10 months
I agree with Tony. I bought a 2 year old E435 last summer, (our 1st. motorhome). We chose this model for the excellent rear U shape lounge. Can't understand why the've stopped making this model. I think the build quality is fine. As for parts, I ordered a new draining and chopping board from Swift through my local dealer and it arrived after 3 days, which I think is Pretty good. I certainly don't regret buying a Bessacarr.:thumb:
Alan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back