Free Member
Aug 21, 2011
DINGWALL
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT
Exp
Hi,
I posted this previously under an electric step problem but no one came back to help so am posting it again in the hope that someone can throw some light on this.
I was having a problem with the electric step on my 2003 Bessacarr E425. It was stuck in, but I think I managed to sort it by oiling the mechanism. However whilst doing a search on the problem it appears that a warning buzzer should sound and the step should retract when the ignition is switched on, my one does not do this. Apparently it is connected to the fridge relay which got me wondering if this relay is working and indeed if the fridge is working on 12V. How can you tell ? There are no warning lights to indicate if the fridge is working on 12v or 240V although I know it does work on 240V.
I checked the fuse box in the centre under the bonnet and the fuses there are all OK although there are only 3 and there is spaces for 2 more. Does anyone know if there should be more fuses here and, if so, what they are for?
The Bessacarr handbook is little better than useless !!
Can somebody enlighten me on the above?
Regards,

Mike

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
step and fridge

Hi. I had a similar problem recently it turned out that the wire was broken to the split charge relay from the negative side of the cab battery its a very thin black wire have a look near the battery teminals and follow it back to the relays :Smile:

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
We had a problem with ours and the 12v on the fridge would not work it turned out to be a blown fuse which i found by accident under the bench seat.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back