Free Member
Mar 6, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
Hi!

We are considering this van, does any body have any experience of this motorhome especially in relation to build quality?

Any feedback appreciated.

Anthony496

Free Member
Jul 18, 2015
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi there we have a 496 and to date it's been brilliant, suits our families needs perfectly. The only downside is the storage but I guess you can't have it all! We have a huge rear lounge, a lovely forward dinette which serves as a play table for the kids when we are chilling in the back.

Drives really well and comes with loads of standard features. Nav/AC/cruise etc

So far we have added a Thule 4 bike carrier and Thule quick fit awning on the standard 4900.

The bathroom and shower are tiny but we only ever stay on fully serviced sites as we have 3 kids so all showering in the van would be near impossible.

As for build quality so far we haven't had any major issues, slightly noisy sunroof at speed 65+ we had a window seal weeping when under the hose pipe. All resolved very quickly under warranty. We had the fiat recall for the dash bleed again all resolved very quickly.

Depends how many of you would be sleeping in it?

Anthony496

Free Member
Jul 18, 2015
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
I personally think it's a great looking van (I'm slightly bias)

Pictures

New led fitted under standard awning

207l4yd.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
A friend has recently bought one and he says he wished he had gone for the 150bhp upgrade, he complains about it
being under powered for its size.

Ray

Anthony496

Free Member
Jul 18, 2015
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
The remap for the engine is only £300 , personally even loaded with the family I've had no issues with power ... Depends what your doing with it..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

RomaRound

Free Member
Mar 6, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
Thanks so much for the information, really helpful to us at the moment. It's a lovely machine, the LED lighting is a nice touch, not seen one under an awning before, looks good.

Great to have such an honest opinion, especially regarding minor niggles and the bathroom. We would probably rough camp now and again, so this would be important to us, as would storage, however there would only be the four of us most of the time.

Take on board the points about remap too, it is a big van, but by the sound of it might not be too bad - tend to trundle along most of the time now!

It's certainly got a great spec though - don't think there's anything missing!

Anthony496

Free Member
Jul 18, 2015
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Another point to look at when choosing your van would be payload, the 496s is over 900kg (van total 4250) which was another plus for us as with 3 kids and bike etc we probably get close.

If you haven't already take a look at the roller team t line 740 same price but comes with a great spec, my partner at work recently bought one and its fab. Massive garage and ideal for 4.
Good luck

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back