Free Member
Jun 24, 2012
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Searching
Exp
Hi.

I'm a new forum member as I don't have a motorhome yet but have recently decided to start looking for one and travel more in this country. I'm currently looking at a Bessacar E725 2003 model.

Does any one know if this model suffers from the serious damp problems that seem to come up on some threads?

I wouldn't know how to check for damp but would be concerned if this is considered a bad year/model.

Thanks.

F1fan.

OP
OP
F

f1fan

Free Member
Jun 24, 2012
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Searching
Exp
Thanks, will invest in one soonest as they seem to be quite cheap but do you know anything about this particular model. Some threads make a big thing of Swift damp problems but they seem to be mostly later model years.

Allan.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Know nothing about the model but i bought a damp meter when i went to look at my hymer.
Checked everywhere, backs of cupboards etc.
Sure there will be someone who will reply with more info.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
You could click 'Search' and enter Bessacar E725, and all the threads ever with that in them will come up. One of the first is a thread with a Bessacar E795 with a leaky roof where it met the back panel.

ISTR there was said to be some prob at one time with a damp floor in some model or another, but dunno which model or what year. (Not ours, anyway. I realise that's no help!)

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Just had another thought - you could try to contact Mark at CLS who is a trade member - I say this because he is actually Swift accredited, and currently owns a Swift Kontiki. I can't see him buying one in the first place if it wasn't much good.

Either him or Peter at John's Cross; being in the trade and working on em, they see all sorts.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
F

f1fan

Free Member
Jun 24, 2012
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Searching
Exp
Hi Jenny.

Thanks for the info. I've just subscribed to motorhomefun so can now do a proper search :Smile:

I'm going to take a good look around the forums then have a full check with a damp meter as soon as I can view.

As this is my first motorhome I'm not quite sure where to stick the thing but everywhere, as Pauly said, seems a good plan. I'm probably worrying a bit much but best finding out now rather than in the middle of winter.

Allan.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back