Free Member
Jan 17, 2014
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
just looking to buy
Exp
since 2011
hi to all, ive been looking for a m/home for a few months now after selling my 700se autotrail 2006, anyway ive been offered a bessacar e496 6 birth with very low miles, but after doing some reserch im getting quite a few horror stories with that model, can anyone help me out here, i certainly do not want to make any mistakes, rgds paul

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
hi to all, ive been looking for a m/home for a few months now after selling my 700se autotrail 2006, anyway ive been offered a bessacar e496 6 birth with very low miles, but after doing some reserch im getting quite a few horror stories with that model, can anyone help me out here, i certainly do not want to make any mistakes, rgds paul

Not sure what horror stories you've heard - car to elaborate ?
There's an indepth user review of the E495 here:
Wouldnt let me post the url to the review ... as it was on motorhomefacts <sigh>

Have PMed the OP directly.

Last edited:

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Not sure if that model was affected but Swift group had a problem with the flooring circa.that year. The problems are well documented on many sites and relate to a PVC covered plywood that was used on the floor construction. This led to water ingress from the side skirts and the flooring could not dry out and became spongy.
Just google Swift motorhome flooring problems.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

shakeytits

Free Member
Jan 17, 2014
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
just looking to buy
Exp
since 2011
bessacar

thanks , the probs ive been hearing are, water ingress { floor } ,,,, battery charger faults { dealer recall },,,,, condensation on roof in kitchen area, and generally poor build. to be honest ive looked at one and in general they look ok , but dont seem to be built as good as the autotrail 700se that i had, anyone had any first hand experience with the bessacar?

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Maybe best to leave that one then, even if its ok, those problems will always be on your mind.
I had a similar problem buying a used car, a Subaru Outback 2.5. I read numerous reports of head gaskets going around 100K miles. This one had 103K.
I dismissed all the stories, bought the car and 11 miles later, one of the head gaskets went :cry:

There are lots more good used motorhomes about...

Allan

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
thanks , the probs ive been hearing are, water ingress { floor } ,,,, battery charger faults { dealer recall },,,,, condensation on roof in kitchen area, and generally poor build. to be honest ive looked at one and in general they look ok , but dont seem to be built as good as the autotrail 700se that i had, anyone had any first hand experience with the bessacar?
Mine went back to Swift for repair and now it is OK, so there are good reliable models out there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back