Bessacar E495 2007 (1 Viewer)

Apr 23, 2008
chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
Swift BESSACAR 597
Exp
Hi All

looking at a Bessacar E495 diesel 07 model with 140 multijet engine 2.4l fiat chassis
can anyone offer any advice on this model/make and what I should be looking for in particular

any help advice most welcome

:Smile:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Hi All

looking at a Bessacar E495 diesel 07 model with 140 multijet engine 2.4l fiat chassis
can anyone offer any advice on this model/make and what I should be looking for in particular

any help advice most welcome

:Smile:
you do not say if it is a private or a dealer sale
what mileage and service history is there?
2.4 ltr should be ok but if you wish to take a car with you may struggle up hills
what standard of finish is in it ? 3 or 4 gas rings
what water capacity?
many motorhoms are just caravans in side a van so upholstery can get worn very quickly ( making up beds each night.
has it got a fixed bed? do you require a fixed bed?
they lay out is a very personal thing dose it meat your requirements ?
has it got solar power? microwave? how many leisure batteries ?
has it TV installed?
what is the size of waste tank?
is it winterized?
just a few questions you may need to answer before you jump in and pay a lot of money for the wrong MH

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
RollingRog
Apr 23, 2008
chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
Swift BESSACAR 597
Exp
bessacar e495

you do not say if it is a private or a dealer sale
what mileage and service history is there?
2.4 ltr should be ok but if you wish to take a car with you may struggle up hills
what standard of finish is in it ? 3 or 4 gas rings
what water capacity?
many motorhoms are just caravans in side a van so upholstery can get worn very quickly ( making up beds each night.
has it got a fixed bed? do you require a fixed bed?
they lay out is a very personal thing dose it meat your requirements ?
has it got solar power? microwave? how many leisure batteries ?
has it TV installed?
what is the size of waste tank?
is it winterized?
just a few questions you may need to answer before you jump in and pay a lot of money for the wrong MH

Just had a look at the motorhome specific site very enlightening!!! will say no more.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
before you go down that say no more route, just make sure you understand the popularity of the Swift group in the UK. far outselling most other marks and naturally will have it's fair share of problems.

I have been very surprised by the quality of our bessacarr in comparison to other marks we have owned. I know we have only had it a few weeks but the quality of furnishings is really impressive. Its as close to a caravan as you could get only its a motorhome. And we all know that caravans are the set out standard for a motorhome. There are so many extras in ours we're still working them out.. Microwave, full oven with electric option, electric heating as well as gas, double floor central heating that can come on when you want it too, ie pre programmed,
I think youl find its listed as a 2.3l if its a fiat, and I am mightly impressed by the quality of the cab, fantastic to drive and yes it does go backward(s) as for power, more than powerful enough although I will be going for the chip option to improve towing.

Also ^^^ it matters not what is said up there, most of those mentioned are extras that you can gain as you go along.
In two weeks I have added solas batteries gaslow sattelitte to give me what I want.

so don't discount anything

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi den
You wont go far wrong with a Swift Bessacar, our last MH was a E465 only changed for the looks and fixed bed and storage which we have in the Chausson. Pete

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The E495 is a great value van. You'll need to be carefull when loading it. Almost all the storage is behind the back axle and If I recall correctly it has a mother of a rear overhang. Wrongly loaded and with addition of a bikerack, I'm sure you might get fag paper between the road and the front drive wheels:Eeek: Always liked the Bessacarrs lovely vans. enjoy

Mikemoss

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Corsham, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
We find the layout is fabulous for two or four, never tried six. Ours is a much older (1998) version and has been absolutely great - still going strong, everything still works, still really comfortable.

Swift also have a good reputation for customer support, and although we've never needed it in anger they have been very helpful indeed the few occasions I asked for advice.

OP
OP
RollingRog
Apr 23, 2008
chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
Swift BESSACAR 597
Exp
Hi

Thanks for all your comments/advice etc. I have bought the Motorhome buyers guide and am going to go have a look at the MH and give it a good going over with the help of the guide, wish me luck! Cant wait to get on the road again.:thumb:

scek

Free Member
Jan 12, 2011
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Couple of years or so.
The E495 is a great value van. You'll need to be carefull when loading it. Almost all the storage is behind the back axle and If I recall correctly it has a mother of a rear overhang. Wrongly loaded and with addition of a bikerack, I'm sure you might get fag paper between the road and the front drive wheels:y

not correct at all. our e495 is always loaded to full capacity under the rear lounge, bike rack fitted with 2 bikes, all lockers bursting at the hinges - no problems at all. all the weight is at the front on the motorhome - engine, cab, kitchen, water tank etc. perfectly balanced. also no problem with the overhang height, its really high from ground level. we've been on loads of small ferries and never grounded though seen many other lower motorhomes hit the slipway.

excellent motorhome, engine has loads of power, great on hills. does about 22 to 24 mpg on a trip. lots of living space to crash out in/on and tonnes of lockers / storage space.

insurance ÂŁ323 with comfort.

we had a look. around tvthe nec show and nothing came near it for layout and build quality etc. only had one problem which is the cab radio, but loads of motorhomes have that problem. we fixed it with a blaukpunt windscreen aerial.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back