bespoke conversions

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by magbrin, Oct 31, 2013.

1. magbrin

magbrin Read Only Funster

We are considering upgrading our MWB Renault Master van (converted for us a few years ago by Mill Garage, in Duns) to something slightly bigger, but still a PVC. Does anyone know (and/or recommend) anyone else who does bespoke conversions in Scotland or the north of England? We have already approached Mill Garage but want to compare what they can offer with one or two other companies.

BTW this has nothing to do with Terry's "van for conversion" - will not be bidding - 'though it looks a good deal:thumb:

2. Viennese

Viennese Funster

I have a WildAx, built in Elland near Halifax. His conversions are good and he has done bespoke before, although he is now busy with several different models. He does one on the Renault Master, but might be persuaded to do something bigger. Worth asking anyway! :thumb:

Catherine

3. Terry

Terry Funster

Not mine it's Jez's :Wink: theres a few nice conversions coming from the Newcastle, Durham area, may be worthwhile looking whos done /selling them
    Terry

4. magbrin

Ooops:Doh::Doh:

Anyway, thanks to you and Catherine for the suggestions.
    Looking at KamperKong in Wigan. rather a long way away from Inverness, but look the sort of thing we are looking for - has anyone heard of them?

5. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

Another Wigan firm is Nu Venture their Calsetta conversion on a lwb Master is like a Tardis

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  6. magbrin

Yup, we plan to visit them, too. However they have not proved easy to communicate with, to date, so it looks as if they don't need our business:Sad:

7. knokinonabit

knokinonabit Funster

8. Terry

Terry Funster

If you want to go as far as wigan then both Gary at Kustom sports and John at Carlton motorhomes are worth visting -about half a mile apart - John used to do all gary's work before setting up himself -cabinets and cupboard work is excelent -07828316116-john he takes a little getting hold of because he will be crawling around a van in his unit -tell him terry opposite Julie gave you his number -

http://carltonmotorhomes.co.uk/
    terry

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  9. Terry

Terry Funster

RS are about a mile away from me and last I heard were under recevers :Eeek: but still trading (make excelent vans but very pricey) You could visit all 3 makers in one go as the 2 at Carlton are 15 mins away -- could be worth the trip and get 3 prices if you know what you want :BigGrin:
    terry

10. knokinonabit

knokinonabit Funster

I'm sure I read a thread on here that said RS were moving to new premises, not going bust. Shame if they are as I was going to have a MH built by them when I win the lottery. :BigGrin:

11. Terry

Terry Funster

Chances are they may well be doing that -it would not surprise me if they PHOENIXED I would not put anything past the owner.It will be a mighty impressive factory if they go bigger as the one they are in now is not exactly a small place --
    terry

12. knokinonabit

knokinonabit Funster

Reading between the lines you don't seem that impressed by the owner.

13. Terry

Terry Funster

Know more of him and things they got up to and about small people they owe /owed money to.I suspose it happens a lot with bigger firms hanging onto money before eventually paying up -In my world I did a job and expected to be paid when finished,I could then pay for the things that I owed (say take goods and pay within 14 days etc)and what was left was mine :BigGrin:
    I knew they were struglilng / not paying small people for small jobs outsourced about 9 mths before the recivers were called in -chances are it was a bigger surplier that called them in - A pity really because they had about 3 million quids worth of vans up for sale so recevers will have sold them off paying themselves first :Wink: then the banks etc all while keeping it as a going concern so the only loosers would be the small firms and probably the bigger supplier who sent in the recivers :BigGrin:Now they probably bought the firm for next to nothing minus all the debt and carry on as they did before -still cracking van though :thumb::BigGrin:
    terry