Berths vs Seatbelts (1 Viewer)

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Went window shopping again today and I was surprised to say the least, gobsmacked would be better to see how many motorhomes were 4,5 berth yet only 2 seatbelts.
I mean come on don't designers have a brain or am I missing something?

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now šŸ˜¢
Exp
We have 4 belts 5 berths but payload would struggle with 4 large adults. Visitors can come in a car:)

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Our van is a 6 berth but only 4 passenger seats.
Payload is quite good at 730kg but as above would struggle to get 6 people in there and stay in weight...

There are posts on forums and Facebook all the time of people who have bought vans and only then discovered seatbelt and payload issues. :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jagtazman
Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Just annoys me they state "family MH" and only 2 seatbelts. Saw some nice models today but no good as we have kids. Ruled out 6 people as most MH as you say just dont have the payload to cope.

Upvote 0

Violet1

Free Member
Jul 4, 2015
March, Cambs
Funster No
MH
semi-integrated
Exp
i'm a newbie
Does make you wonder who actually designs them? Architects come up with some wonderful ideas that don't work in the real world. What planet are they from?

Upvote 0

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
We have three grandchildren and need at least two adults to stay what passes for sane if we take them away for weekend or overnight trip. Our van has 6 belted seats, and sleeps four officially so is a bit of a squeeze to sleep us all- luckily they are still little and we are not tall oldies. We were lucky when we bought it as it had never crossed my mind that a four berth van would have fewer seat belts than berths. We will not be able to have a new van until the grandchildren are To Old to Holiday with us due to this- so hopefully our Hymer Classic will be our first, last and forever van.- It fits on our drive-we fit in it nicely when it is the two of us and when we are too old to shimmy up the ladder to the o/head bed we will be too old indeed...However I would like an easier way to see what seat belts vans have as some of the specs. don't say. We weighed van [for first time ] last year with all our stuff- full tank of diesel and water and we were nowhere near payload; so some vans have seat/bed ratios that are ok. But yes, I have long been in despair over the nice new vans I have looked at [by accident of course! Don't want to upset Our Van -but really want better lounge seats and air con] which are just totally unsuited to taking family or friends.

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Is it perhaps because they are designed by caravan designers or are they just stupid? (n)

Upvote 0
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Our Hymer has 4 berths and 4 belted seats. But don't take things for granted. In our motorhome, like many others, the seat belts on the back seats can be hidden away when not needed. When we viewed initially they were not on view. So always ask first before discounting a model.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back