Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Off tomorrow to Berlin via Bergen Belsen. Anyone know of a good site there and any recommends etc. Are dogs allowed on public transport for instance

Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
I don't know about the dog situ. I don't recall seeing dogs on transport. The public transport is excellent and integrated. You may find it worthwhile to purchase a "Welcome Card" Seriously reduces your transport costs and access to major sites.

Link Removed

As a soldier I was based near to the Wannsee area, which is a group of lakes. Good area, with links into the city. Im pretty sure there is also sites within the urban area of the city, possibly in Spandau....I seem to recall reading about it recently.

If you haven't visited since the fall of the wall, you won't recognise the place!!! Although Grottys is still thriving :)

Have a great time.

JM

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
That wall in Bergan-Belsen is impressive, the langauge of every nationality that died there is carved on it. And the burial mounds "Hier ruein 500 tote" Makes you think what kind of a Bas**** would do that!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Gunner29

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Belsen

That wall in Bergan-Belsen is impressive, the langauge of every nationality that died there is carved on it. And the burial mounds "Hier ruein 500 tote" Makes you think what kind of a Bas**** would do that!

I was stationed at Bergen/Belsen (Hohne Camp 1977-82)
The railway sidings where they were unloaded was still there and I believe they still are and the camp was nothing but a large park with mounds off earth where the dead were buried etc.
Now there is a proper memorial and visitors centre so looking forward to seeing it again and to pay my respects.

OP
OP
Gunner29

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
sites

Recommended sites in Berlin if possible

lookback

Free Member
Nov 30, 2007
Mareham le fen, Lincs
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
5 years
After visiting Bergen Belsen (nice stellplatz in Bergen) we went on to Berlin- there are about 5 stellplatz locations. We stopped at a stellplatz on the site of a former British Army Barracks (I think Allanbrooke Barracks) and caught the bus into Berlin city centre and visited all the local landmarks Brandenberg Gate, Checkpoint Charlie etc.
I believe that this is the stellplatz we stayed on:
http://meinwomo.net/stellplaetze/deutschland-berlin-spandau-247909.htm
If link does not work do a google search for stellplatz in berlin.

The address is:
Reisemobilhafen Berlin
Askanierring 70
Tel: 030/35506074

GPS: 52d 33` 12"N 13d 12`2"E (sorry cannot find degree sign)

I think the charge is 13 euros a night includes electrics. Dogs are allowed

From there we drove to Auschwitz (you can park overnight there) after a stopover in Dresden

Ian

Mendoza

Free Member
Aug 24, 2012
http://www.wholesaledvdsa
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Anyone know of a good site there and any recommends etc. Are dogs allowed on public transport for instance

---------------------------
Your DVD choice --- Broken Link Removed,one more shoot to scores.

rambojonjay64

Free Member
Dec 26, 2011
Shildon,Co Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
Off tomorrow to Berlin via Bergen Belsen. Anyone know of a good site there and any recommends etc. Are dogs allowed on public transport for instance
Hi Gunner weve just returned from 2 weeks there,was great,we stopped on a very good site in our motorhome,Berliner Camping Club Breitehornweg 40 ,14098 Berlin.its a few minutes walk from a bus stop that will take you to some supermarkets at Kladow or heading the opposite way 20 minutes into the city,there is no internet on this site though,didnt bother us!Five minutes up the road at Alt Gatow was another site which was very nice,ya could just google campsites in Berlin and that,ll bring up a few regards jonjay 1LI:thumb:

RSB138

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
Londonderry N.Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years +
campsite berlin

I was in Berlin in June this year and stayed on a site and it was 10 mins walk to the metro at Tegel and 15 mins from the centre of Berlin the address is Waidmannsluster Damm 12-14. 13509 Berlin (Tegel) well pleased with the site I would use it again hope the is a help to you

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
My biggest worry is for the reputation of Motorhome Fun in the eyes of the Germans!

All those now-peaceful ex-BAOR garrison towns having their peace shattered by ex-army Funsters falling out of bars in the early hours is going to be bad for PR!:roflmto:

Have a good trip!:thumb:

OP
OP
Gunner29

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Back in Gutersloh

Just back at my sons in Gutersloh after a week away taking in Bergen-Belsen and the sights of Berlin, Check Point Charlie, Brandenburg Gate, Russion War Memorial, and the WALL, whats left of it. :Eeek:Good day out with grandson at the Luftwaffe Museum Berlin is a lovely city but if you visit DON'T try parking in the city You can't!!
Stopped at a good site, Berlin-Gatow and in CC book at E 25 per night incl our metered elect. Bus stop outside to city and lovely walk down to Havel, a huge lake with some lovely chalets right at the waters edge. Excellent morning and night dog walks.:thumb:
A long way but well worth it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back