Bentley Motorhomes in liquidation. (1 Viewer)

atlantisbird

Free Member
Mar 26, 2012
Near Bridlington
Funster No
MH
New Bentley C Class
Exp
since 2012 in own van
:Sad::Sad::Sad::Sad:
What a shame that the guys at Bentleys are now into liquidation we bought a
Bentley Indigo this year and have been very pleased with it and the service
given to us by the team there and all with a smile and nothing seemed to be
any trouble. We both feel very sorry for the staff and the directors
Richard and Gordon Bentley who started the company up and such a shame
after winning all those awards in the two years the company started.
We do hope they will be lucky enough to find a buyer soon as there has been,
according to the liquidator, a lot of interest in the company at this early stage.
Anyone know if the new euro millionaire needs a job?

Kind regards
Atlantisbird
Ann & Harry

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
:Sad::Sad::Sad::Sad:
What a shame that the guys at Bentleys are now into liquidation we bought a
Bentley Indigo this year and have been very pleased with it and the service
given to us by the team there and all with a smile and nothing seemed to be
any trouble. We both feel very sorry for the staff and the directors
Richard and Gordon Bentley who started the company up and such a shame
after winning all those awards in the two years the company started.
We do hope they will be lucky enough to find a buyer soon as there has been,
according to the liquidator, a lot of interest in the company at this early stage.
Anyone know if the new euro millionaire needs a job?

Kind regards
Atlantisbird
Ann & Harry

Our thoughts exactly Harry!

This is the second time for us, we bought an Autocruise Starburst 3 weeks before Autocruise closed. At that time Marquis, who sold us the motorhome guaranteed to honour the Warranty in writing, I wonder if Fullers will do the same!

We are going down to the factory this afternoon, I will let you know what happens.

Ginny and Mike

Mikemoss

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Corsham, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Just found this on the web. Might be of interest to some of you.

Meetings of Creditors

Company:

Bentley Motorhomes Limited

BEGBIES TRAYNOR (EAST) LLP

NOTTINGHAM

0115 941899

NOTTINGHAM
and/or Person Details:
Company Number:

Liquidator:
BEGBIES TRAYNOR (EAST) LLP

Notice Text:

Bentley Motorhomes Limited (Company Number 07200813) Registered Office: 6 Castlebridge Office Village, Castle Marina Road, Nottingham, NG7 1TN Principal Trading Address: Unit 3, Swinton Meadow Industrial Estate, Meadow Way, Swinton, Mexborough S64 8AB Pursuant to Section 98 of the Insolvency Act 1986 (”the Act”) a meeting of creditors of the above named Company will be held at The Holiday Inn, Castle Bridge Road, Castle Marina Park, Nottingham, NG7 1GX, on 17 August 2012, at 11.30 am. The purpose of the meeting, pursuant to Sections 99 to 101 of the Act is to consider the statement of affairs of the Company to be laid before the meeting, is to appoint a liquidator and, if the creditors think fit, to appoint a liquidation committee. In order to be entitled to vote at the meeting, creditors must lodge their proxies, together with a statement of their claim at the offices of Begbies Traynor (Central) LLP, 6 Castlebridge Office Village, Castle Marina Road, Nottingham, NG7 1TN, not later than 12.00 noon on 16 August 2012. Please note that the Joint Liquidators and their staff will not accept receipt of completed proxy forms by email. Submission of proxy forms by email will lead to the proxy being held invalid and the vote not cast. A list of the names and addresses of the Company’s creditors may be inspected, free of charge, at Begbies Traynor (Central) LLP, at the above address between 10.00 am and 4.00 pm on the two business days preceding the date of the meeting stated above. Any person who requires further information may contact Janette Eckloff of Begbies Traynor (Central) LLP, by e-mail at janette.eckloff@begbies-traynor.com or by telephone on 0115 941 9899. John Stewart Cockburn, Director 23 July 2012

Name:

John Stewart Cockburn

Title:

Director

Publish Date:

07/30/2012

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Well we have been to the factory and it is locked, bolted with no sign of life at all.

I called Fullers and they said that Bentley's were hoping for a new buyer/investor. Apparently the main backer at Bentley's withdrew and that is what caused the liquidation.

Fullers actually said not to worry yet because they are very hopeful that this will be sorted in the next few weeks.

Here's hoping!

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Well we have been to the factory and it is locked, bolted with no sign of life at all.

I called Fullers and they said that Bentley's were hoping for a new buyer/investor. Apparently the main backer at Bentley's withdrew and that is what caused the liquidation.

Fullers actually said not to worry yet because they are very hopeful that this will be sorted in the next few weeks.

Here's hoping!

Thanks for the information. After a backer problem last time I thought the Bentley family
would have learned then, but it appears not. They are a great workforce and bosses but money is needed to build these toy's of ours.
I hope and pray they can find someone who is more interested in the product success than a quick return on the investment.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks for the information. After a backer problem last time I thought the Bentley family
would have learned then, but it appears not. They are a great workforce and bosses but money is needed to build these toy's of ours.
I hope and pray they can find someone who is more interested in the product success than a quick return on the investment.

You are right, the product success has been outstanding on the Bentley range with more prestigious awards that any other motorhome builder since they started 2 years ago.

The problem is, from what I understand, that IT IS the same backer they had at Autocruise who has withdrawn!! We met him last year at the Renault World of Motoring show.

Ginny

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
You are right, the product success has been outstanding on the Bentley range with more prestigious awards that any other motorhome builder since they started 2 years ago.

The problem is, from what I understand, that IT IS the same backer they had at Autocruise who has withdrawn!! We met him last year at the Renault World of Motoring show.

Ginny

Enough said, I assume we are both familiar with this legend. He blows hot and cold far to much for my liking. Have met him several times in the old Autocruise days, not impressed.

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996

Ginny

The accounts for the year to 31/03/2011 showed a loss of £155,259, figures for the next 12 months have not been published, perhaps they are even worse and that is why the backer pulled out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back