Benodet 4nts/Carnac 5nts or Benodet5nts/Carnac 4nts? (1 Viewer)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Hi all

Need advice please.
Can't decide whether to visit Benodet for 4nts and Carnac for 5nts or vice versa.
Which is best/more to see & do/town shops/bars/restaurants etc?
Both apparently have good beaches.

Will be travelling from/to Zeebrugge and stopping off at Aires enroute both directions and staying on sites in Benodet & Carnac.
Thanks!

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Sorry, I can't answer your question. Can you wait till you get there and decide? I doubt the sites will be full this time of year

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We've never stayed anywhere more than 3 nights - the norm is just 2
How about adding a third destination and do 3 nights each?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
When?

Have been to both many times. Out of season dead. In season great.... I would stick to plan A:)

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
There are lots of other places around there, you could spread the nights out a bit. Concarneau, Port Louis, Locmariaqer, Piriac, Point de Raz, Quiberon. Campsites and Aires are in all those places, I wouldn't limit myself to just two towns
Carnac is nice, but once you've seen the alignments, there's little else to spend 5 days looking at!

OP
OP
GAVLAD
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Thanks for the replies.
We need a site stay really as we'll be travelling with a two year old, so selected these two destinations because of their beaches, some shops and general things to keep the other half and child occupied.
Don't mind staying on aires for the odd night but thought it unfair to spend nearly three weeks moving from one place to the next with loads of travelling for our little one.
Unfortunately, we're travelling end of July - hence having to book the site.
Already been declined for two sites due to size of motorhome being longer than 7m.
Suppose I could do 4nts & 4nts in each place with an extra one night elsewhere, but like they say, if you don't ask...

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
we always travel July/August.. nothing unfortunate about it.. yes its more busy and expensive. but weather reasonably reliable and you have atmosphere. We traveled down that way frequently when kids young...

stick to plan A and you will be fine, both towns have fine beaches, much more to do around Carnac:)

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
Try la tranche sur mer,a lovely seaside town,, further south but actually takes the same time or less and much better weather.
Its a long trek to Brittany for similar weather to cornwall.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back