Benimar or Rimor - what would be your choice? (1 Viewer)

viks10

Free Member
Jan 6, 2009
Funster No
Hello

We are looking at a Benimar 6 berth rear lounge on a 2.8 fiat base 2006 35,000 miles or a Rimor Superbrig rear garage 2006 on a ford 2.4 135 6 gears (not sure about mpg) 17,000 miles - anyone have any comments on these 2 vans? Feel free to have negative comments - we've not bought yet.
Both vans are same price just around £19k.
Thanks
VIctoria

blucamp2

Free Member
Oct 28, 2008
Funster No
We have the rimor ( blucamp) 12p based on the new transit .
We are very happy with it bought it new in may ... had a little problem with the hab. door. Rimor have been very helpful. we have managed 13kms to the Ltr. thats 650 mls per tank 80Ltrs. but the average is around 10/11Kms to the Ltr.
hope this helps

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

I personally didn't like the Rimors I looked at, but I would never buy a motorhome without a garage, as i really don't know where i would put everything without it,

The Rimors I looked at (can't remember the models as it was a few years ago) they all had garages appeared to have the chassis modified to accommodate the garage, where as the motorhome that I eventually purchased has an ALKO chassis that appears to be in one complete length under the entire habitation area including the garage, hope that makes sense you need to look underneath to see what i am talking about, however my motorhome was a lot more than those you have quoted,

So if they were my only choices it would have to be the one with the garage, albeit I am sure both manufacturers make good motor homes.

Hope that helps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jacken

Free Member
Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
We had a Benimar Europe once, complete with all the bells and whistles as standard. Could'nt fault it--but, as 'Braunston' has said, we could'nt get on with no garage.

ken

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back