Benimar Mileo 201 TV Reception problems (1 Viewer)

John & Liz

Free Member
Aug 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 201
Exp
Since Sept 2012
We have just bought a new telly for our 201, a Vision Plus, very nice, tried it in the house, perfect picture.
Put it in the motorhome, picture breaks up and no signal warning shows, then Invalid Format comes up.
Tried it again in the house and again perfect.
The van is parked close to our house but should still get a good signal.
I was wondering if anyone else has suffered the same problem.
I did notice that the aerial booster box is sited right next to the solar panel regulator which says in the instructions do not install the box next to any co axial cables or video signals.
Anyone got any ideas before I ring Marquis and get a blank response.

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Just a thought ... check which direction your TV aerial points, then see if your motor home has a reasonable line of sight that way. If your house is directly in the way then that could be the problem. Try it again after you've driven clear of houses. (y)

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Check the co-axial cable in the wall socket and booster box is wired and connected correctly. In my van it was neither as the wall socket did not have the centre cable connected, and the booster box had the plugs in the wrong sockets. No wonder I never got a signal!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
John & Liz

John & Liz

Free Member
Aug 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 201
Exp
Since Sept 2012
Thanks guys will try both of those suggestions.
One thing I should have mentioned, my old van had an aerial that needed rotating to obtain a signal, so I bought a Digital TV Signal meter.
So I have fitted that to my aerial connection on my new van to check the signal strength and the signal shows as 3 green lights when the max is 4, this would suggest to me that I have a reasonable signal.
You can see why I am struggling.
Will try your suggestions as well.
Thanks
John

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
The aerial supplied with the Benimars is pretty useless unless you are out in the clear in a strong signal area you will always get breakup,
I changed mine for a Milenco omni-directional and the picture is fine now.

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
I did notice that the aerial booster box is sited right next to the solar panel regulator which says in the instructions do not install the box next to any co axial cables or video signals.
I'm probably being a bit dim here but, doesn't the above answer your question as to the likely problem? Just askin'

OP
OP
John & Liz

John & Liz

Free Member
Aug 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 201
Exp
Since Sept 2012
You are right and not being dim but I was trying to eliminate all other possibilities before having a go at Marquis

teensvan99

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Margate
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
I say tthis every time I see a TV Reception problem. Ditch the U /S aerial and fit a crank up sat system and £50 decoder. TV in all UK and around 600-700 miles from Calais in most directions.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I say tthis every time I see a TV Reception problem. Ditch the U /S aerial and fit a crank up sat system and £50 decoder. TV in all UK and around 600-700 miles from Calais in most directions.

Unless you are pitched immediately to the north of trees or buildings!:)

teensvan99

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Margate
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Jon and shell. You just move to another spot or do as we do look before pitching up.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back